Talent:Mark Followill (pxp), Brian Baldinger (analyst), Lesley McCaslin (sideline)
Radio: Baylor IMG Sports Network / ESPN Central Texas
Talent: John Morris (pxp), J.J. Joe (analyst), Ricky Thompson (sideline)
Satellite Radio: Sirius 132/ XM 199/ Internet 953
Live Stats/In-Game Home: BaylorBears.com
Twitter: @BUFootball | #SicTech
BAYLOR1-8, 1-5 Big 12
Ranking: NR - AP, NR - Coaches
Last Game: Nov. 4, 2017 win at Kansas, 38-9
Head Coach: Matt Rhule (Penn State, '97)
Career Record: 29-31 (5th season)
BU Record: 1-8 (1st season)
vs. TTU: 0-0
TEXAS TECH4-5, 1-5 Big 12
Ranking: NR - AP, NR - Coaches
Last Game: Nov. 4, 2017 loss vs. K-State, 42-35 (OT)
Head Coach: Kliff Kingsbury (Texas Tech, ‘02)
Career Record: 28-31 (5th season)
TTU Record: 28-31 (5th season)
vs. BU: 1-3
Baylor travels north to AT&T Stadium in Arlington to square off with Texas Tech in the ninth annual TFBI Shootout. The Bears have won five of the last six meetings and hold a 5-3 edge in the neutral site series.
• Quarterback Charlie Brewer is expected to make his second-straight start Saturday. He won the 2016 Texas Class 6A championship game at AT&T Stadium with 361 passing yards and 73 rushing yards for Lake Travis.
• Baylor has an all-time record of 48-51-5 in DFW, but has won 7 of its last 10 games played in the area.
• Six Baylor players have started all nine games in 2017: Sam Tecklenburg, Blake Blackmar, Pat Lawrence, Denzel Mims, Ira Lewis and Taylor Young.
• The Bears have won 8 of their last 11 neutral site contests and are 5-3 all-time at AT&T Stadium.
• Harrison Hand leads all Big 12 freshmen with 8 PBUs and ranks second among first years with 40 tackles.
• The Baylor defense did not allow a touchdown at Kansas, a program first in a road Big 12 game.
• Sophomore kicker Connor Martin ranks second in the Big 12 with 15 made field goals and ranks second in accuracy (83.3%). He has converted 13-of-16 attempts over the last six games.
• Baylor has had 17 true freshmen appear in a game in 2017, the fourth-largest total nationally.
• Junior Greg Roberts is the only player in the Big 12 and one of 17 nationally to block two kicks in 2017.
• First-year running back John Lovett leads all Big 12 freshmen with five rushing touchdowns in 2017.
• The Bears’ 26 first-time starters in 2017, including 11 true freshmen, are the second most in FBS.
• The Bears lead all of Division I with seven plays from scrimmage 70 or more yards. BU ranks fifth in FBS with six passes of 60+ and leads the country with six passes of 70+ yards.
• Among Big 12 receivers, Denzel Mims is third with 849 receiving yards and fifth with seven touchdowns.
• Twenty-one of Baylor’s 29 touchdown-scoring drives and 22-of-48 scoring drives this season have lasted two minutes or less. BU has scored in 48 seconds or less on 11 of those drives.
• BU ranks ninth nationally in net punting with an average of 42.20 and only 33 yards allowed on 46 punts.
• After allowing nine sacks over its first three games, the Baylor offensive line has settled in with the same starting unit over the last six games and allowed only nine sacks over that stretch.
• Underclassmen have accounted for 63.2% (384 of 608) of Baylor’s tackles through nine games.