|25/RV/22 Baylor (6-3, 3-3) vs. 5/5/5 Oklahoma (8-1, 5-1)
Nov. 19, 2011 | 7 p.m. CT
Waco, Texas | Floyd-Casey Stadium (50,000)
|Watch | Listen | Gametracker | Notes | In-Game Blog | Gameday Central|
• Baylor looks to improve on its 5-0 record in home games when the Bears host No. 5 Oklahoma at 7 p.m. Saturday.
• Baylor ranks second nationally in total offense (567.89), passing efficiency (189.33), and first downs (28.22), sixth in passing offense (356.89), 11th in scoring offense (40.33) and 20th in rushing offense (211.0).
• Baylor's current 5-game home winning streak is its longest since a 5-game streak spanning the 1993-94 seasons; the Bears last home winning streak longer than 5 games was a 7-game streak span during the 1992-93 seasons.
• Baylor's 13 wins over the last two seasons are its most over a two-year span since winning 14 games in 1994 (7) and 1995 (7).
• Baylor is the only FBS school averaging 300+yds passing and 200+yds rushing. Baylor & Texas A&M are the only 2 schools in the top 20 in both rushing & passing offense. The Bears rank 6th nationally in passing (356.89) and 20th in rushing (211.0).
• More than half of Baylor's timed scoring drives (28 of 52) have taken less than two minutes, including 14 scoring drives of less than 60 seconds. All 4 of the Bears' timed scoring drives at KU took less than two minutes (averaged 60.25 seconds each).
• Baylor has been ranked in 7 AP Top 25 polls this season -- the most since being ranked 9 weeks in 1991.
• Baylor's 21 punts this season are by far the fewest in the nation. Stanford and Army are the closest with 27 punts each.
• Heisman Trophy candidate QB Robert Griffin III has completed 74.17 percent of his passes (224-of-302), which ranks 2nd nationally (.03 behind Case Keenum). He has thrown only 5 interceptions (all on road) in his last 363 pass attempts.
• RG3 is 1 of 4 players in FBS history with 9,000+ passing & 2,000+ rushing yards (Dan LeFevour, Colin Kaepernick, Tim Tebow).
• RG3 ranks 2nd nationally in total offense (396.78) and 3rd in yards per attempt (10.24).
• RG3 ranks 2nd nationally in points responsibility (22.89). He's also 3rd nationally in pass efficiency (188.58) and is on pace to break the NCAA single-season record (186.0 by Hawai`i QB Colt Brennan in 2006).
• IR Kendall Wrightranks 6th nationally in both receptions (9.0) and receiving yards per game (119.22).
RG3 RACKING UP THE RECORDS
Junior QB Robert Griffin III owns or shares 46 Baylor single-game, single-season or career records. The record-setting QB owns 27 different passing records. RG3 set the Baylor single-game record with 430 passing yards on Oct. 15 at No. 21 Texas A&M, surpassing the record previously held by backup QB Nick Florence(427 at Missouri, 2009).
RG3 also set the NCAA record for consecutive attempts without throwing an interception to start a career (209).
RG3 is among the top 10 in Big 12 Conference history in seven career categories: 1st in interception percentage (1.5), 6th in completion percentage (67.1), 7th in total yards (11,199), 8th in passing yards (9,166), 9th in passing touchdowns (70) and total plays (1,558) and tied for 9th in completions (733).
RG3 is tied with Shawn Bellfor most consecutive games with a TD pass in Baylor history (season/career). RG3 has thrown a TD pass in all 9 games this season, tying Bell's 9 straight to start 2006, and 11 straight dating back to last season, tying Bell (2005-06).
RG3 became the eighth 2,000-yard rusher in program history with 103 rushing yards at Kansas (2,033). By season's end, he could become the first 10,000-yard passer in program history. He needs 834 passing yards to reach the milestone.
NATION'S 2ND-MOST POWERFUL OFFENSE
Baylor's is the only team in FBS to average at least 200 yards rushing and 300 yards passing per game. The Bears are one of two to rank in the top 20 nationally in rushing and passing offense (Texas A&M).
Baylor ranks second nationally in passing efficiency (189.33), total offense (567.89) and first downs (28.22), sixth in passing offense (356.89), 11th in scoring offense (40.33) and 20th in rushing offense (211.0).
Baylor's offense is averaging 40.3 points, 567.9 yards of total offense, 356.9 passing yards and 7.5 yards per play, while completing 74.0 percent of its passes; all five currently would stand as Baylor single-season records. Baylor has already broken the single-season school record for passing touchdowns (30).
Baylor has four games of 600+ yards total offense this season. The Bears had only seven such games in their previous 109 seasons, with two of those coming last year. Six of the 11 600-yard games in program history have been in the Art Brilesera.
WRIGHT NAMED BILETNIKOFF SEMIFINALIST
Senior IR Kendall Wrightis 1 of 10 semifinalists for the 2011 Biletnikoff Award (1 of 3 from Big 12).
Wright owns or shares almost every major single-game, single-season and career receiving record in Baylor history. Wright is the career leader in receptions (275), receiving yards (3,414) and receiving touchdowns (25).
Wright, the single-season leader in receptions, shares the Baylor single-game receptions (12) and receiving TDs (three) records and owns the mark for single-game receiving yards, which he set with 201 Oct. 1 at Kansas State.
Wright has caught at least one pass in all 46 career games, tied for the third-longest streak in the nation among active players in FBS. Wright trails only Houston's Tyson Carrier (49) and Oklahoma's Ryan Broyles (47). § Wright is the only 3,000-yard receiver in program history.
A VERY BALANCED ATTACK
All season long, Baylor's passing attack gets most of the attention for its high-power offense. However, Baylor owns one of the nation's most balanced offensive attacks. § Baylor is the only team in FBS to average 300+ yards passing and 200+ yards rushing per game. Baylor is also one of only two schools in FBS to rank in the top 20 in both rushing offense and passing offense (Texas A&M). The Bears rank 6th nationally in passing and 20th in rushing.
RG3'S PUSH FOR THE HEISMAN
BU-RG3.com is an informative and interactive site to promote Baylor's Heisman Trophy candidate, Robert Griffin III. Baylor also launched the "RG3 for Heisman" Facebook page and "RG3 for Heisman" Twitter account (@RG3forHeisman).