April 13, 2002
Waco, Texas -
The 9th-ranked Baylor men's tennis team posted their 20th victory of the season with a 7-0 win over the Oklahoma StateCowboys today. Because of rain in Stillwater, the match was moved to the indoor courts at Greens Country Club in Oklahoma City.
Matt Knoll's Bears are 20-1 overall and 5-0 in Big 12 play while the Cowboys drop to 12-5 on the season and 2-2 in league action. Baylor will play at the University of Oklahoma on Sunday at 10 a.m. and will then close out league play at Texas A&M on Sat., April 20 at 6 p.m.
Action began with Baylor winning two of the three doubles matches to go ahead by a point. Posting victories for the Bears were Benjamin Becker and Zoltan Papp at No. 2 (8-3) and Reiner Neurohr and Matias Marin at No. 3 (8-1). Becker and Papp are now 11-0 as a duo in dual match competition and 12-1 overall and Neurohr/Marin are 9-1 when paired together. OSU's Matt Prentice and Frantisek Krepelka defeated Markus Hornung and Nathan McGregor, 8-4, at No. 1 doubles.
The Bears swept through singles, taking all six matches. However, it wasn't as easy as it sounds, four of the matches went three sets. Only Neurohr and Marin posted straight sets victories.
#9 Baylor 7, #44 Oklahoma State 0
April 13, 2002
Green's Country Club (Indoor) - Oklahoma City, Okla.
1. #6 Benjamin Becker, BU def. Matt Prentice, OSU 6-2, 6-7(8-6), 6-4
2. #45 Zoltan Papp, BU def. Frantisek Krepelka, OSU 2-6, 6-0, 6-3
3. #56 Markus Hornung, BU def. Jiri Jezek, OSU 6-3, 0-6, 7-6(5)
4. Matias Marin, BU vs. Angel Diankov, OSU 6-1. 6-3
5. Reiner Neurohr, BU vs. Mike McArty, OSU 6-2, 6-1
6. Armando Carrascosa, BU def. Loren Collins, OSU 5-7, 6-2, 6-3
1. Prentice/Krepelka, OSU def. #10 Hornung/McGregor, BU 8-4
2. Becker/Papp, BU def. Jezek/Diankov, OSU 8-3
3. Neurohr/Marin, BU def. McArty/Collins OSU 8-1