Jan. 2, 2010
No. 5/5 Baylor 99, Texas State 18
Ferrell Center - Waco, Texas
January 2, 2010 - Att. 6,669
• Head coach Kim Mulkey picked up her 250th career win to move to 250-67 (.789) overall.
• Baylor improves to 17-3 all-time against Texas State.
• Baylor is 116-8 in regular season, non-conference games under Mulkey, with a 75-1 record in the Ferrell Center in those games.
• Baylor has won 39 of their last 42 home games.
• In 14 games, Baylor has held its opponents to an average of 21.9 points in the first half, while scoring an average of 40.7 in the first half.
• The five first half points by Texas State marked the fewest allowed in a half by Baylor in program history.
• 18 points by Texas State marks the fewest total points by a Baylor opponent in NCAA history, breaking the previous mark of 26 points by Oklahoma State on Jan. 11, 2006.
• 22 steals by Baylor is a season-high.
• Ashley Field scored in double-figures for the sixth time this season.
• With three blocks, Brittney Griner broke the Baylor single-season block record with 88 on the season. Griner passed Kacy Moffitt (45), Melanie Hamerly (48), Maggie Davis Stinnett (48), Bernice Mosby (51), Steffanie Blackmon (58), Carol Reeves Brandenburg (76) and Danielle Wilson (80, 83, 86).
• With 88 career blocks, Griner moves into 10th place on the Baylor career blocked shot list.
• Griner scored in double-figures for the 13th time this season.
• Griner joins Candace Parker as the only two females to tally two dunks in a game.
• Nae-Nae Hayden set career-highs with 6 steals and 10 points.
• Hayden scored in double-figures for the first time in her career.
• Jordan Madden scored in double-figures for the second time this season.
• Morghan Medlock scored in double-figures for the 11th time this season.
• Shanay Washington had a career-high 4 steals.