Baylor, TCU Postgame Notes
Jan. 2, 2013
- Baylor raises its season record to 11-1, 1-0 in Big 12 play.
- The Lady Bears are 34-1 in regular season Big 12 games over the past three seasons and have won 23-straight Big 12 Conference regular season contests. BU's last regular season Big 12 loss was at Texas Tech, 56-45, on Feb. 18, 2011.
- Baylor now leads the series with TCU, 24-5.
- Baylor is 85-4 over its last three seasons.
- Baylor's regular season non-Big 12 record under coach Mulkey is 143-52.
- With tonight's Lady Bear win, Kim Mulkey's career record is now 349-80.
- Tonight's games was an advance sellout, just the second sellout in TCU basketball history (Tennessee, 2000). It marked the highest attendance in TCU basketball history, men or women.(7,394).
- Baylor recorded its largest halftime (29) lead in Big 12 play when it led TCU, 40-11, at the end of the first stanza. Previous record was 28 vs. Oklahoma State (1/11/06).
- TCU's 11 first-half points were a low for a BU opponent in Big 12 play. Previous low was 14 by Kansas (1/19/11) and Oklahoma State (1/11/06).
- With her 24 points today, Brittney Griner has now scored in double-figures in 92 straight games and in 122 of 124 in her career. She hit the 20-point mark for the ninth time this season, 76th of her career.
- Griner now has 2,671 career points.
- Griner threw down her NCAA record ninth career dunk at the 13:48 mark of the first half.
- Griner's 24 points and 12 rebounds marked her fourth double-double of the season and 47th of her career.
- With two blocks tonight, Griner now has a Big 12 record 631 career blocks; 32 shy of Louella Tomlinson's (Saint Mary's [Calif.]) NCAA DI record of 663. Griner has now recorded a block in 62 straight outings and 121 of her 124 career games.
- Odyssey Sims (14 points) has scored in double figures in five of eight games this season.
- With her 12 points, Brooklyn Pope scored in double figures for the seventh time this season.