Baylor, Oklahoma State Postgame Notes
Jan. 6, 2013
- With tonight’s Lady Bear win, Kim Mulkey's career record is now 350-80.
- The Lady Bears have won 47-straight at home, the nation’s longest home winning streak.
- Baylor raises its season record to 12-1, 2-0 in Big 12 play.
- The Lady Bears are 35-1 in regular season Big 12 games over the past three seasons and have won 24-straight Big 12 Conference regular season contests. BU’s last regular season Big 12 loss was at Texas Tech, 56-45, on Feb. 18, 2011.
- Baylor now leads the series with Oklahoma State, 27-10. The Lady Bears have won six straight in the series and own a 17-2 mark at home.
- Baylor is 86-4 over its last three seasons.
- Tonight marked the eighth time this season the Lady Bears have had at least four players score in double figures.
- This marked the third-straight opponent Baylor has held under 50 points.
- With her 14 points today, Brittney Griner has now scored in double-figures in 93 straight games and in 123 of 125 in her career. She hit the 20-point mark for the ninth time this season, 76th of her career.
- Griner now has 2,685 career points.
- Griner’s 14 points and 10 rebounds marked her fifth double-double of the season and 48th of her career.
- With two blocks tonight, Griner now has a Big 12 record 633 career blocks; 30 shy of Louella Tomlinson’s (Saint Mary’s [Calif.]) NCAA DI record of 663.
- Griner has now recorded a block in 63 straight outings and 122 of her 125 career games.
- Odyssey Sims (13 points) has scored in double figures in six of nine games this season.
- Sims has made 38 straight free throws, a Baylor record, dating back to last season.
- Kimetria Hayden tied a career high with eight assists.
- With her 18 points, Brooklyn Pope scored in double figures for the eighth time this season.
- Destiny Williams (11 pts) registered her sixth double digit scoring performance of the year.
- Alexis Prince recorded a season high two blocks.