Jan. 13, 2010
Box Score |
No. 9/9 Baylor 57, No. 13/13 Oklahoma 47
Ferrell Center – Waco, Texas
January 13, 2010 - Att. 7,718
• Baylor is now 251-68 (.787) under Kim Mulkey, including a 54-48 mark against ranked foes.
• Baylor improves to 11-22 all-time against Oklahoma.
• Baylor has won 40 of their last 43 home games, including 14-straight.
• Tonight’s attendance of 7,718 is the 19th largest crowd to watch the Lady Bears at the Ferrell Center.
• Baylor’s one point deficit at half-time marked the first time the Lady Bears have trailed at the half since Louisville led Baylor 28-19 on March 28, 2009.
• Baylor’s 24 first-half points marks the fewest first-half points this season.
• Kelli Griffin scored in double-figures for the fourth time this season and the 12th time in her career.
• Brittney Griner’s 11 blocked shots established a new school record for blocked shots against a conference opponent, eclipsing Danielle Wilson’s mark of seven blocks against Oklahoma on Jan. 20, 2008.
• Griner’s 11 blocks establishes a Big 12 Conference record for blocked shots in a conference game, eclipsing Courtney Paris’ prior mark of 10 blocks vs. Texas Tech on March 1, 2006.
• Griner’s 11 blocks marks only the fourth time in conference history that a player has recorded 10 or more blocks in a game. This is the second time this season that Griner has accomplished this feat.
• With 11 blocks, Griner extends her Baylor single-season block record to 99 blocks.
• With 99 career blocks, Griner moves into ninth place on the Baylor career blocked shot list.
• Griner recorded her eighth double-double of the season.
• Griner has blocked eight or more shots in 8-of-16 starts this season.
• Griner scored in double-figures for the 15th time this season.
• Shanay Washington scored in double-figures for the fifth time this season.