Jan. 14, 2009
NO. 5 BAYLOR (14-1, 2-0) 68, No. 20 Iowa State (13-3, 1-1) 57
FERRELL CENTER - WACO, TEXAS
JAN. 14, 2009 - ATTENDANCE: 6,183
- Baylor improved to 10-5 all-time against Iowa State and have won five straight and eight of the last nine.
- Head coach Kim Mulkey is now 41-41 against ranked opponents.
- Tonight's crowd of 6,183 was the second largest of the season behind the Nov. 16 game against Stanford (7,136).
- Baylor is now 9-0 at home this season. The Lady Bears have won 66 of their last 71 home games.
- Baylor's 17 turnovers were the most this season, surpassing the previous number of 11.
- With her 15 points, Jessica Morrow has 47 double-figure point games in her career and eight this season.
- Morrow also tied a career-high with eight boards on the night.
- Danielle Wilson (18 points, 10 rebounds) moved her career double-figure point total to 45 games, 13 of which coming in the 2008-09 season. She also totaled her 14th double-double of her career and fifth of the season.
- Wilson (five blocks) has now recorded three or more blocks nine times this season and eight games in a row. She also tied a season high with three steals.
- Wilson's 39 minutes played tied a career high that was set on Nov. 29 against Wisconsin.
- Rachel Allison (13 points) registered her 42nd career double-figure point output and the ninth of the season.