Jan. 28, 2012
No. 1/1 Baylor 74, Kansas 46
Ferrell Center - Waco, Texas
January 28, 2012 - Att. 10,006
• The 21-0 start is the best in program history.
• The Lady Bears sport school-record 35-game home win streak. Baylor's last home loss came vs. Texas on March 7, 2009.
• With today's Lady Bear victory, Kim Mulkey's career record now stands at 319-79.
• Baylor leads the series 16-7, 8-2 in Waco and was the fourth straight over the Jayhawks.
• Baylor is now 159-89 in Big 12 regular season play and 132-52 under Mulkey.
• The Lady Bears own the longest active win streak (21) in NCAA Division I women's basketball.
• The crowd of 10,006 was the second-largest home crowd of the season and 13th all-time.
• Give Baylor just its third 8-0 conference start in the Big 12 era: 8-0 in 2007-08 and 11-0 in `10-11.
• The Lady Bears have shot above 41.7% in 20 of 21 games this season.
• Baylor has now won 95 consecutive games when scoring 70 or more points, dating back to a 78-72 overtime loss to North Carolina State in the 2007 NCAA Tournament in Raleigh, N.C.
• Baylor hasn't allowed an opponent to shoot 50 percent in 195 straight games, dating back to March 25, 2006 against Maryland.
• Baylor has won 23 of its last 24 regular-season Big 12 games, last loss was Feb. 19, 2011 at Texas Tech.
• Brittney Griner (28 pts) has scored in double-figures in 61 straight games and in 91 of 93 in her career. She also scored 20-plus points for the 15th time this season and 56th of her career.
• Griner's five blocks moved her to second on the all-time NCAA Division I list with 506.
• Kimetria Hayden (10 pts) notched her eighth double-digit scoring performance of the season.
• Destiny Williams (11 reb) has registered double-digit rebounds in five of her last six games, including nine this season.