Feb. 11, 2012
Box Score |
Baylor Photos |
#1/1 BAYLOR 71, #15/14 TEXAS A&M 48
FERRELL CENTER • WACO, TEXAS
FEB. 11, 2012 • ATTENDANCE: 10,627
• The crowd of 10,627 tied the all-time attendance record set vs. UConn on Dec. 18, 2011.
• The 25-0 start is the best in program history.
• The Lady Bears sport school-record 37-game home win streak. Baylor’s last home loss came vs. Texas on March 7, 2009.
• With today's Lady Bear victory, Kim Mulkey's career record now stands at 323-79.
• Baylor leads the series 48-36, 25-13 in Waco and 28-8 in the Big 12 era.
• Baylor is now 163-89 in Big 12 regular season play and 136-52 under Mulkey.
• The Lady Bears own the longest active win streak (25) in NCAA Division I women’s basketball.
• Baylor’s 25-0 start is the second-best in Big 12 history behind Nebraska’s 30-0 mark to begin the 2009-10 season.
• Baylor reached the 25-win plateau for the ninth straight year and 15th time in school history. Nine of BU’s 15 25-win seasons have come during the Kim Mulkey era.
• Baylor is 7-0 vs. Top 25 ranked teams this season, including 3-0 vs. Top 10 opponents.
• Baylor is 63-4 over its last 67 games.
• Baylor has won 83 of its last 88 Ferrell Center games since the start of the 2007-08 season.
• Baylor won for the ninth time in its last 10 games against Texas A&M.
• Baylor has its first 12-0 conference start in the Big 12 era, besting last year’s 11-0 start.
• Baylor extended its school-record Big 12 regular-season win streak to 15 straight.
• Baylor is 67-3 since the start of the 2009-10 season when allowing 60 or fewer points, including this year’s 21-0 mark.
• Baylor held Texas A&M to 4 assists – the lowest of any Baylor opponent this season.
• Baylor has held 7 consecutive and 13 of its last 14 opponents under 60 points.
• Baylor has scored at least 70 points in 10 consecutive games.
• The Lady Bears have shot above 41.7% in 24 of 25 games this season.
• Baylor has now won 101 consecutive games when scoring 70 or more points, dating back to a 78-72 overtime loss to North Carolina State in the 2007 NCAA Tournament in Raleigh, N.C.
• Baylor hasn't allowed an opponent to shoot 50 percent in 200 straight games, dating back to March 25, 2006 against Maryland.
• Baylor has won 28 of its last 29 regular-season Big 12 games, last loss was Feb. 19, 2011 at Texas Tech.
• Brittney Griner (21 pts) has scored in double-figures in 65 straight games and in 95 of 97 in her career. She also scored 20-plus points for the 18th time this season and 59th of her career.
• Griner (10 rebounds) had her 11th double-figure rebounding game of the season and 32nd of her career.
• Griner recorded her 37th career double-double and her 11th of the season.
• Odyssey Sims (19 pts) scored in double figures for the 20th time this season and 43rd time in her career.
• Sims’ is averaging 19.5 points per game vs. ranked opponents this season, up from her season average of 15.4 points per game.
• Brooklyn Pope (10 pts) had her 9th double-figure scoring game of the season and 17th of her career.
• Kimetria Hayden (10 pts) had her 11th double-figure scoring game of the season and 23rd of her career.
• Hayden tied her career high with 7 assists – she also had 7 vs. Texas on Jan. 15.