Feb. 14, 2011
No. 1/1 Baylor 67, No. 5/5 Texas A&M 58
Ferrell Center - Waco, Texas
February 14, 2011 - Att. 10,299
• Brittney Griner's layup with 3:02 to go in the second half, making it 57-56 BU, led Baylor on a 12-2 run to end the game.
• The win extends Baylor's season win streak to 21 games and is the longest current win streak NCAA Division I.
• Baylor, 24-1, has posted its best start in program history, improving upon the 2007-08 season's 20-1 start.
• Baylor is now 46-35 all-time vs. Texas A&M, including seven straight.
• The Lady Bears have posted their best start in Big 12 play at 11-0. The 2007-08 squad opened league play at 8-0.
• The 10,299 fans in attendance marked the fifth largest in program history.
• Baylor hasn't allowed an opponent to shoot 50 percent in 162-straight games, dating back to March 25, 2006 against Maryland.
• Baylor tied a season low with two, 3-point field goals made.
• Brittney Griner (26 pts/11 reb.) has scored in double-figures in 57-of-58 career games, including all 25 this season. She registered her eighth double-double of the season and 24th of her career. She also recorded her 16th 20+ point performance of the season and 31st of her career.
• Griner now ranks 20th on Baylor's all-time scoring list with 1,208, passing Jackie Valentine.
• Odyssey Sims (22pts.) recorded her 18th double-digit scoring performance of the season and sixth 20+ point performance.
• Destiny Williams set a new career high with two blocks.
• Terran Condrey tied a season high with four rebounds.