Feb. 18, 2012
1/1 BAYLOR 56, TEXAS TECH 51
FERRELL CENTER • WACO, TEXAS
FEB. 18, 2012 • ATTENDANCE: 10,381
• With the win, Baylor clinched at least a share of the Big 12 regular season title for the second consecutive season and third time overall.
• The 27-0 start is the best in program history, and makes Baylor the only undefeated team in NCAA Division I.
• With today's Lady Bear victory, Kim Mulkey's career record now stands at 325-79.
• Baylor is now 165-89 in Big 12 regular season play and 138-52 under Mulkey.
• The Lady Bears own the longest active win streak (27) in NCAA Division I women’s basketball.
• Baylor’s 27-0 start is the second-best in Big 12 history behind Nebraska’s 30-0 mark to begin the 2009-10 season.
• Baylor is 65-4 over its last 69 games.
• The win moves Baylor to 28-47 all-time vs. Texas Tech; 13-20 in Waco and 19-8 under Mulkey.
• Baylor has its first 14-0 conference start in the Big 12 era, besting last year’s 11-0 start.
• Baylor extended its school-record Big 12 regular-season win streak to 17 straight.
• Baylor is 68-3 since the start of the 2009-10 season when allowing 60 or fewer points, including 22-0 this season.
• Baylor now has a school-record 38-game home win streak with last home loss vs. Texas on March 7, 2009.
• Baylor is 8-0 vs. Top 25 ranked teams this season.
• Today’s game was the third advance sell-out this season for Baylor (Dec. 18 vs. UConn, Feb. 11 vs. Texas A&M).
• Today’s attendance of 10,381 is the fifth largest all-time for Baylor, and third largest this season.
• Baylor trailed at the half for just the fourth time this season and first time in Big 12 play.
• Baylor shot just 35 percent (20-for-57) from the field, its lowest of the season.
• Baylor has held nine consecutive and 15 of its last 16 opponents under 60 points.
• Baylor’s streak of 11 consecutive games with at least 70 points was snapped.
• Baylor hasn't allowed an opponent to shoot 50 percent in 202 straight games, dating back to March 25, 2006 against Maryland.
• Baylor has won 30 of its last 31 regular-season Big 12 games. Its last loss was Feb. 19, 2011 at Texas Tech.
• Brittney Griner (18 points) has scored in double-figures in 67 straight games and in 97 of 99 in her career.
• Griner (14 rebounds) had her 13th double-figure rebounding game of the season and 34th of her career.
• Griner recorded her 39th career double-double and her 13th of the season.
• Griner recorded six blocks, her fourth consecutive game with at least six, and 56th career game with five-plus.
• Destiny Williams (16 points) recorded her 13th double-figure scoring game of the season and 21st of her career.
• Williams notched her 11th double-figure rebounding game of the season and 16th of her career.
• Williams recorded her 10th career double-double and eighth of the season.
• Williams took a career-high 17 field goal attempts, going 8-for-17 on the game.