Baylor, Iowa State Postgame Notes
- Baylor raised its season record to 32-1.
- Baylor extended its nation's-best win streak to 30 games.
- Baylor is 11-1 vs. ranked opponents this season.
- Baylor becomes the first team to win three straight Big 12 Championship crowns and the first team to win five postseason titles.
- Brittney Griner was named MOP of the Big 12 Championships for the third straight season, the Big 12 player to earn the award three times.
- Odyssey Sims was named to the all-tournament team for the second straight season.
- Destiny Williams was named to the all-tournament team for the second straight season.
- Griner set a record for most field goals in a Big 12 Championship title game with 14, previous record was 11 by four individuals including Griner.
- With today's Lady Bear win, Kim Mulkey's career record is now 370-80.
- With Baylor's win over Iowa State, the Lady Bears now lead the all-time series 17-6, including six straight wins and 12 of the last 13.
- Kim Mulkey is 16-3 vs. Iowa State.
- Baylor is 106-4 over its last three seasons and 72-1 over the last two seasons.
- Baylor is 26-12 in Big 12 Championship games, including 25-8 under Kim Mulkey. BU is 5-2 in title contests.
- Baylor held Iowa State to just 13 first-half points, fewest points scored in a half in a Big12 Championship title game.
- Baylor is now 32-0 this season when leading at halftime and 322-23 under Kim Mulkey.
- Baylor has now won 141 straight games when scoring 70 points or more.
- Brittney Griner, with 31 points, has now scored 30-plus points eight times this season and 18 times in her career.
- Odyssey Sims (20 points) recorded her 21st double-digit scoring effort of the season and 71st of her career.
- Sims produced her second 20-point outing of the season, 18th of her career.
- Griner now has 3,203 career points, No. 2 on the career NCAA scoring list.
- Griner has now scored in double-figures in 113 straight games and in 143 of 145 in her career.
- Griner's 143 career double-figure scoring games, second-most in NCAA history. She needs six more games in double digits to tie Connecticut's Maya Moore (149) for the most in history.
- With her 5 blocks today, Griner extended her NCAA DI career blocks record to 736.
- Griner has blocked five or more shots in 13 games this season and 77 times in her career.
- Griner has recorded a block in 83 straight outings and 141 of her 145 career games.
- Kimetria Hayden dished out eight assists, raising her career total to 387.