5/5 BAYLOR 86, NR/NR CALIFORNIA 46
Monday, March 20, 2017
Ferrell Center (Waco, Texas)
BAYLOR POSTGAME NOTES
NCAA TOURNAMENT NOTES
• No. 1 seed Baylor secured its ninth consecutive trip to the Sweet Sixteen with a 86-46 victory over No. 9 seed California on Monday night.
• Baylor held Cal to its lowest scoring total in one half all season (20 points).
• The Lady Bears have advanced to the Sweet Sixteen in 12 of its 16 NCAA Tournament appearances.
• The Lady Bears are 41-13 (.759) all-time in the NCAA Tournament. Every NCAA Tournament game has come under the direction of head coach Kim Mulkey.
• Baylor is 16-3 (.842) against the NCAA Tournament field this season.
• The Lady Bears are 13-1 (.929) in NCAA Tournament contests played in Waco.
• Baylor is 11-3 (.786) all-time in second round NCAA Tournament games.
• The Lady Bears will meet No. 4 seed Louisville in Oklahoma City Regional on Friday, March 24. Tip time is TBA.
• Baylor leads Cal, 5-1, in the all-time series, including a 2-0 mark in NCAA Tournament games.
• Under head coach Kim Mulkey, the Lady Bears are 5-0 against the Golden Bears.
• Baylor's starting lineup featured Nina Davis, Kristy Wallace, Alexis Prince, Kalani Brown, and Dekeiya Cohen -- the group is 5-1 on the season as a starting unit.
• In 587 of 600 games under Mulkey, the Lady Bears have held their opponent at or below 50 percent field goal shooting, with only six of those efforts coming in the last 13 years.
• In Baylor's last 399 games, only three opponents (Stanford, .509, West Virginia, .500 and Texas, .516) have shot 50 percent or above. In the 2013 season, the Cardinal broke BU's 217-game streak of holding opponents below 50 percent or less shooting from the floor.
• Baylor is 505-95 all-time under Mulkey.
• Baylor is 899-493 all-time in its 43rd season.
• Baylor is 241-19 over the past six seasons and 137-8 in Big 12 play during the span -- 117-7 in regular season conference play and 20-1 in Big 12 tournament play.
• Three Lady Bears scored in double figures, including Alexis Prince (16), Nina Davis (16) and Kristy Wallace (10).
• Baylor’s 2017 senior class end their careers with a 90-3 record inside the Ferrell Center.
• Baylor’s bench outscored Cal’s bench, 34-14.
• The Lady Bears’ outdid the Golden Bears, 46-28, in the paint and outrebounded Cal, 47-36.
• Baylor saw 12 players log minutes in the victory over Cal.