Baylor, Florida State Postgame Notes
Baylor 85, Florida State 47
March 26, 2013
Box Score |
Baylor Photos |
- Baylor raised its season record to 34-1.
- Baylor extended its nation's-best win streak to 32 games.
- BU extended its home game win streak to a nation's-best 57 games.
- With today's Lady Bear win, Kim Mulkey's career record is now 372-80.
- With Baylor's win over Florida State, the Lady Bears now lead the all-time series 1-0.
- Kim Mulkey is 1-0 vs. Florida State.
- Baylor is 107-4 over its last three seasons and 73-1 over the last two seasons.
- The Lady Bears are now 30-9 (.769) in NCAA Tournament games, including 8-3 in second round contests.
- Baylor advances to NCAA Championship Sweet 16 for the fifth straight season and seventh time in 12 tries.
- Baylor is now 34-0 this season when leading at halftime and 323-23 under Kim Mulkey.
- Baylor has now won 144 straight games when scoring 70 points or more.
- Seniors Brittney Griner, Kimetria Hayden and Jordan Madden are 135-14 over their four years and are 72-2 (.973) in games played in the Ferrell Center. The trio has won 57 straight Ferrell Center games.
- Baylor is 99-8 since the start of the 2009-10 season when allowing 60 or fewer points. The Lady Bears have won 58-straight games when holding their foe to 60 or fewer points.
- Baylor had three players in double-figures by halftime (Griner 16, Pope 12, Sims 11), also happened vs. Oral Roberts (12/12/12).
- Brittney Griner, with 33 points, has now scored 30-plus points 10 times this season and 20 times in her career.
- Griner (33p/22r) becomes just the second BU player to record 30 points and 20 rebounds. Danielle Crockrom had 30points and 23 rebounds vs. USC (12/20/00).
- Griner records her 16th, 17th and 18th career dunks and now has six in NCAA Championship play.
- Griner recorded her 62nd career double-double, including 18th of the season. She passed former BU standout Sophia Young's 61 for No. 1 on BU list and No. 2 on Big 12 chart.
- Odyssey Sims (11 points) recorded her 23rd double-digit scoring effort of the season and 73rd of her career.
- Griner now has 3,269 career points, No. 2 on the career NCAA scoring list.
- Griner has now scored in double-figures in 115 straight games and in 145 of 147 in her career.
- Griner's 145 career double-figure scoring games, second-most in NCAA history. She needs four more games in double digits to tie Connecticut's Maya Moore (149) for the most in history.
- With her 4 blocks today, Griner extended her NCAA DI career blocks record to 746.
- Griner has recorded a block in 85 straight outings and 143 of her 147 career games.
- With 10 points tonight, Kimetria Hayden moves to No. 25 on BU's career scoring chart with 1,096 points.
- Brooklyn Pope (12 points) tallied her 37th career double-figure scoring effort and 20th of the season.
Shop Now at the Official Online Store