Nov. 9, 2013
No. 10 Baylor 110, Grambling State 55
Ferrell Center - Waco, Texas
Nov. 9, 2013 - Att. 6,639
- Baylor unveiled its three 2012-13 banners in a pre-game ceremony including the Big 12 Conference regular season championship, Big 12 Tournament championship and NCAA Sweet 16 banners.
- Baylor is 12-2 (.857) all-time in season openers under Kim Mulkey and 9-0 at home; overall the Lady Bears are 32-8 (.800) and 22-2 (.917) at the Ferrell Center in home openers.
- Baylor's last loss in a season opener dates back to Nov. 15, 2009, when the Bears fell to Tennessee on neutral floor, 74-65.
- Baylor's margin of victory in Mulkey's 12 victories in season opener averages 37.6 after Saturday night's win.
- The Lady Bears' 55-point victory was the largest margin of victory in a season opener under Kim Mulkey passing the previous high of 54 against Howard, Nov. 11, 2012.
- The Lady Bears' bench outscored Grambling State's 55-17 and Baylor had 54 points in the paint.
- The Lady Bears extended their home win streak to 58 games; the streak is the longest active streak in the nation after UCONN snapped Stanford's string of 82-straight wins on Dec. 29, 2012. Baylor's last loss in Waco came against Texas, March 7, 2010 by a score of 70-54.
- Baylor's 110 points marked the 65th time in school history that the Lady Bears have scored in triple digits. The last time BU scored over 100 came Dec. 29, 2012 in a 106-41 win over Southeastern Louisiana State.
- The Lady Bears' 110 points is tied for the 10th highest point total in school history.
- In 442 of 453 games under Kim Mulkey, the Lady Bears have held their opponent at or below 50-percent field goal shooting with only four of those efforts coming in the last 11 years.
- Baylor has 35-straight games with at least one 3-point field goal made dating back to Nov. 13, 2012 when the Lady Bears were 0 for 3 from long range.
- Baylor's five newcomers (Khadijiah Cave, Nina Davis, Breanna Hayden, Ieshia Small and Imani Wright) combined for 42 points in their college debuts.
- Odyssey Sims' 28 points was the third-highest single-game total of her career trailing only her 37-point performance as a freshman at Oklahoma (02/27/11) and her 29 points last season in the NCAA Tournament against Louisville (03/31/13).
- Sims passed the 20-point mark in a game for the 19th time in her career with 28 points Saturday vs. Grambling State.
- Sims extended her streak of double-digit scoring to 11 games. Sims was last held to single-digits against UCONN, Feb. 18 when she had nine.
- Mariah Chandler had a career-high 14 points, surpassing her previous career-high of nine, accomplished twice against Jacksonville State (11/14/09) and Oklahoma State (01/09/10).
- Kristina Higgins scored a career-high 11 points; her previous height was eight against TCU Feb. 16, 2013.
- Nina Davis reached double figures in her collegiate debut with 11 points.
- Sims' five steals gives her 10 games in her career with at least five steals, 23 games with at least four steals, and 47 games with at least three steals
- Niya Johnson had a career-high 4 steals Saturday vs. Grambling State, her previous high was three against Kentucky Nov. 13, 2012.
- Imani Wright scored 10 points in her college debut with Baylor Saturday night against Grambling State.
- Higgins posted a career-high nine rebounds passing her previous total of five against TCU (02/16/13).