Nov. 11, 2011
Box Score |
No. 1/1 Baylor 82, Howard 28
Ferrell Center – Waco, Texas
November 11, 2011 - Att. 7,587
• The win extends Baylor's non-conference Ferrell Center win streak to 48. BU’s last non-conference home loss came on Nov. 19, 2006 vs. 12th-ranked Purdue in the Preseason WNIT championship game.
• Baylor leads the series with Howard 2-0.
• BU is now 30-8 all-time in season openers, 10-2 under head coach Kim Mulkey. The Lady Bears are 20-2 in Ferrell Center season openers, 12-0 under Mulkey.
• Baylor’s regular season non-conference record under coach Mulkey is 129-9.
• BU’s regular season, non-conference home game record under coach Mulkey is 87-1.
• With tonight’s Lady Bear victory, Kim Mulkey’s career record now stands at 299-78, just one win shy of 300.
• With its 82-28 win tonight, Baylor will now host a second-round WNIT game on Sunday, Nov. 13 at 2:00 p.m., vs. Chattanooga. Chattanooga defeated UAB, 65-59.
• Baylor hasn’t allowed an opponent to shoot 50 percent in 175-straight games, dating back to March 25, 2006 against Maryland.
• The 28 points allowed are the fewest since a 99-18 win over Texas State on Jan. 2, 2010.
• Brittney Griner (22 pts) has scored in double-figures in 42-straight games and in 72 of 74 in her career. She also recorded the 39th 20-point game of her career.
• Griner (13 rebs) grabbed her 23rd double-figure rebound game of her career and 27th double-double.
• Griner blocked 8 shots and has now blocked eight or more shots in 25 career games.
• Odyssey Sims (15 pts) registered the 24th double-digit scoring game of her career.