Nov. 14, 2010
No. 2/2 Baylor 95, Rice 51
Ferrell Center – Waco, Texas
November 14, 2010 - Att. 6,723
• Baylor is now 18-17 all-time against Rice.
• Baylor is 118-8 (.937) in regular season, non-conference games under Mulkey, including a 78-1 (.987) mark at home.
• Baylor hasn’t allowed an opponent to shoot 50 percent in 141-straight games, dating back to March 25, 2006 against Maryland.
• Baylor’s 59 first-half points were the most in a half for the Lady Bears since scoring 59 in the first half against Arkansas Pine-Bluff on Dec. 4, 2006.
• It was the first time BU has scored 50-plus points in a first half since recording 50 against Texas State on Jan. 3, 2009.
• Baylor had three players (Griner, Pope, Jones) grab double-digit rebounds for the first time since Sophia Young, Steffanie Blackmon and Chanelle Fox did so at Nebraska Jan. 12, 2005.
• The Lady Bears’ 11 three-point field goals were the most since hitting 11 against Iowa State on Jan. 10, 2007.
• Baylor’s eight turnovers were the fewest since committing just seven at Kansas State on Feb. 3, 2010.
• Brittney Griner (14 points) has scored in double-figures in 36-of-38 career games and grabbed double-digit rebounds in 14 career games.
• Griner (seven blocks) had her 25th career game of 5+ blocks.
• Griner (14 points, 10 rebounds) recorded her 18th career double-double and second of the season.
• Terran Condrey recorded a career high 16 points, surpassing the old high of nine.
• Kimetria Hayden tied a career high with four assists.
• Melissa Jones (10 rebounds) had her 14th career double-figure rebound game.
• Makenzie Robertson had a career high 12 points.
• Odyssey Sims had a career high five assists.