Nov. 22, 2011
No. 1/1 Baylor 109, Yale 59
Ferrell Center – Waco, Texas
November 22, 2011 - Att. 7,681
• With today’s Lady Bear victory, Kim Mulkey’s career record now stands at 303-79.
• The win extends Baylor's non-conference Ferrell Center win streak to 52. BU’s last non-conference home loss came on Nov. 19, 2006 vs. 12th-ranked Purdue in the Preseason WNIT championship game.
• Baylor now leads all-time series 2-0.
• Baylor’s regular season non-conference record under coach Mulkey is 133-9.
BU’s regular season, non-conference home game record under coach Mulkey is 91-1.
• Baylor’s 109 points were the most since a 117-50 win over Dec. 4, 2006 against Sam Houston State.
• Griner, Sims and Pope each recorded a double-double making it the first time three players have done so since Nov. 29, 2007 against Southeast Missouri.
• All players who entered the game scored. The last time it occurred was Dec. 30, 2010 against UT-Pan American.
• Baylor hasn’t allowed an opponent to shoot 50 percent in 179 straight games, dating back to March 25, 2006 against Maryland.
• Baylor has now won 81 consecutive games when scoring 70 or more points, dating back to a 78-72 overtime loss to North Carolina State in the 2007 NCAA Tournament in Raleigh, N.C.
• With 52 rebounds tonight, Baylor has now had over 50 as a team in all five games this year (52 vs. Notre Dame, 52 vs. UCLA, 52 vs. Howard, 59 vs. Chattanooga).
• Brittney Griner (31 pts) has scored in double-figures in 45 straight games and in 75 of 77 in her career. It also marked the seventh 30-point game of her career and third this season.
• Griner moved to eighth place on the BU all-time scoring list with 1,618 points.
• Griner (31 pts., 10 rebs.) recorded her 30th career double-double, marking her 26th-career double-digit rebounding game.
• Griner (5 blocks) has recorded five-plus blocks in four games this season and now sits 27 away from OU’s Courtney Parris’ Big 12 record of 446.
• Destiny Williams (15 pts.) recorded her 14th career double-digit scoring game.
• Odyssey Sims (25 pts.) registered her 28th double-digit scoring performance of the year and fifth of the year.
• Sims also recorded a career high 13 assists which was the third highest single-game mark and most since Jessika Stratton did so on Dec. 28, 2002 against Mercer. The last time a Lady Bear had more than 10 was Kelli Griffin on March 20, 2010 against Fresno State.
• Sims (13 points, 13 assists) picked up her first career double-double and was the first BU player to do it in points/assists since Kelli Griffin against Fresno State on March 20, 2010.
• Brooklyn Pope (16 pts., 10 reb.) notched her career fourth double-double and 10th double-figure scoring game of her career and second of the season.