Nov. 23, 2012
NO. 3/3 BAYLOR 92, LIBERTY 60
FERRELL CENTER • WACO, TEXAS
NOV. 23, 2012 • ATTENDANCE: 8,420
- The Lady Bears have won 43-straight at home, ranking No. 2 nationally behind Stanford’s string of 80.
- Baylor leads the series with Liberty, 2-0.
- Baylor is 83-5 over its last 88 games.
- Baylor’s regular season non-conference record under coach Mulkey is 146-10.
- With today’s Lady Bear win, Kim Mulkey's career record is now 343-80.
- Baylor moves to 5-1 on the season.
- The Lady Bears scored a season-best 92 points. It marked the highest point total since scoring 93 against Mississippi Valley State on Dec. 30, 2011.
- For the third straight game, all healthy players played.
- With her 11 points today, Brittney Griner has now scored in double-figures in 86 straight games and in 116 of 118 in her career.
- Griner, she now has 2,537 career points.
- With one block today, Griner now has a Big 12 record 610 career blocks; 53 shy of Louella Tomlinson’s (Saint Mary’s [Calif.]) NCAA DI record of 663.
- Griner has now recorded a block in 56 straight outings and 115 of her 118 career games.
- Griner needs one more rebound to reach 1,000 for her career and become just the fifth Lady Bear to haul down 1,000 boards.
- Kimetria Hayden had a season high 18 points, her second double-digit scoring performance of the year.
- Hayden totaled a season high five steals and tied a season high with five assists.
- Jordan Madden had a career high seven steals, surpassing her previous best of five vs. Texas Tech on Jan. 22, 2011.
- Madden (10 pts) has now scored in double figures in five of six games this season.
- Brooklyn Pope had a season high 13 points, marking her second double-figure scoring performance of the year.
- Pope made a career high nine free throws.
- Niya Johnson had season high eight points.
- Alexis Prince tied a season high with five rebounds.