No. 1/1 Baylor 72, Milwaukee 41
Ferrell Center – Waco, Texas
December 8, 2011 - Att. 7,066
• With today’s Lady Bear victory, Kim Mulkey’s career record now stands at 307-79.
• Baylor is now 9-0 while Milwaukee falls to 2-5.
• The win for Baylor comes in the first-ever matchup between the schools.
• Baylor’s regular season non-conference record under coach Mulkey is 136-9.
• This marks Baylor’s first 9-0 start since the 2005-06 season and just the sixth such opening in school history.
• Baylor is 47-4 over their last 51 games.
• With the win, Baylor now has a 54-game home non-conference win streak, dating back to a loss to 12th-ranked Purdue on November 19, 2006.
• Baylor hasn’t allowed an opponent to shoot 50 percent in 183 straight games, dating back to March 25, 2006 against Maryland.
• Baylor has now won 86 consecutive games when scoring 70 or more points, dating back to a 78-72 overtime loss to North Carolina State in the 2007 NCAA Tournament in Raleigh, N.C.
• Brittney Griner (20 pts.) has scored in double-figures in 49 straight games and in 79 of 81 in her career. Griner’s total leaves her just two points shy of No. 7 on the all-time Baylor scoring charts.
• Griner (3 blocks) now sits nine blocks away from OU’s Courtney Paris’ Big 12 record of 446. Griner has 437 career blocks.
• Odyssey Sims (17 pts.) registered the 32nd double-digit scoring performance of her career and ninth of the year. Sims also added 11 assists and six steals.
• Sims’ 17 points and 11 assists earned her the second double-double of her career. Over the past five games, Sims now has two double-doubles and three games ending one assist shy of a double-double.
• Sims has averaged 10.2 assists per game over the last five games, totaling 51 assists.
• Brooklyn Pope scored a season-high 18 points to notch the 13th double-digit scoring performance of her career and fourth of the season.
• Pope’s 18 points and 11 rebounds is her third double-double of the season and eighth of her career.