Dec. 16, 2009
No. 6/5 Baylor 101, Oral Roberts 76
Ferrell Center – Waco, Texas
December 16, 2009 - Att. 6,282
• Baylor is now 246-67 (.786) under Kim Mulkey.
• Baylor improves to 5-2 all-time against Oral Roberts.
• Baylor is 111-8 in regular season, non-conference games under Mulkey, with a 73-1 record in the Ferrell Center in those games.
• Baylor has won 37 of their last 40 home games.
• Baylor improves to 54-0 all-time when scoring 100 points.
• In ten games, Baylor has held its opponents to an average of 22.3 points in the first half, while scoring an average of 39.8 in the first half.
• 15 steals by the Lady Bears is a season-high.
• Brittney Griner becomes the first Lady Bear to notch a triple-double (34p/13r/11b).
• Griner’s triple-double is the 14th in Big 12 history and she is the ninth player to reach that milestone.
• Griner set a Big 12 Conference record with 11 blocked shots.
• With 11 blocks, Griner moved into 5th place on Baylor’s single-season blocks list with 61 on the season. Griner passed Kacy Moffitt (45), Melanie Hamerly (48), Maggie Davis Stinnett (48),Bernice Mosby (51) and Steffanie Blackmon (58).
• Griner set career-highs in points (34) and blocks (11).
• Griner and Morghan Medlock scored in double-figures for the ninth time this season.
• Melissa Jones scored in double-figures for the seventh time this season.
• Jones recorded a new career high with nine steals. The nine steals was the most by a Baylor player since Mary Lowry had nine against Eastern Illinois on Dec. 5, 1992.
• Kelli Griffin tied a career high with eight assists.