Dec. 18, 2011
Box Score |
AP Photos |
No. 1/1 Baylor 66, No. 2/2 Connecticut 61
Ferrell Center – Waco, Texas
December 18, 2011 - Att. 10,627
• With today’s Lady Bear victory, Kim Mulkey’s career record now stands at 309-79.
• UConn leads the all-time series 2-1.
• Baylor’s regular season non-conference record under coach Mulkey is 138-9.
• This marks Baylor’s first 11-0 start since the 2001-02 season and just the third such opening in school history.
• Baylor is 49-4 over their last 53 games.
• The victory extends the Lady Bears home winning streak to 29. Baylor now has a 55-game home non-conference win streak, dating back to a loss to 12th-ranked Purdue on November 19, 2006.
• With the win, Baylor extends is regular season, non-conference win streak to 21 games. Its last such loss came at UConn last season.
• Tonight’s attendance of 10,627 matches Baylor’s all-time attendance record. BU’s men’s game vs. Texas (March 5, 2011) also drew 10,627.
• Baylor is the only Division I school with both its men’s (8-0) and women’s teams sporting perfect records.
• Baylor hasn’t allowed an opponent to shoot 50 percent in 185 straight games, dating back to March 25, 2006 against Maryland.
• Baylor’s 31 rebounds marked a season low.
• Brittney Griner (25 pts.) has scored in double-figures in 51 straight games and in 81 of 83 in her career. It marked the 48th 20-plus point game of her career and eighth this season.
• Griner (nine blocks) broke the Big 12 blocks record set by Courtney Paris of Oklahoma and now has 451 for her career. She now sits fourth on the NCAA all-time career blocks list. Her nine blocks marked a season high.
• Odyssey Sims (23 pts) registered her 10th double-digit scoring performance of the year. It was the 11th 20-plus point performance of her career and fourth of the season.