|Baylor vs. McNeese State
Dec. 28, 2013 | 7:00 p.m. CT
Waco, Texas | Ferrell Center (10,284)
|Watch (Paid) | Listen | Gametracker | Notes | Tickets|
No. 9/9 Baylor Hosts McNeese State in Final Game of 2013...
The ninth-ranked Baylor Lady Bears, 9-1 on the season, put their school-record 66-game home win streak on the line when the McNeese State Cowgirls visit the Ferrell Center on Saturday, Dec. 28, at 7 p.m.
The Cowgirls, members of the Southland Conference and under the direction of seventh-year head coach Brooks Donald Williams, come to Waco with a 7-3 season record and riding a three-game win streak.
Senior guard Odyssey Sims continues to lead Baylor in scoring at a nation's-best and Big 12-leading 30.4 points per game. The Irving, Texas, native is averaging 4.1 rebounds a contest while dishing out 5.3 assists per game and shooting 49.8 percent from the floor. With 522 career assists, Sims is the program's all-time assist leader.
Freshman Nina Davis (5-11, forward/post) is averaging 16.0 points and 7.3 rebounds a game. The Memphis, Tenn., native is ranked No. 1 in the nation in field goal percentage, hitting an impressive 71.4 (60-84) percent of her shots. Junior post Sune Agbuke (6-4) is the team's top rebounders with 8.2 an outing, followed by Davis' 7.3 rpg. Freshman Khadijiah Cave (6-2 post) manages 7.2 an game while sophomore Kristina Higgins (6-5 post) averages 6.7 a contest.
Sophomore guard Niya Johnson is the team's top distributor and ranks No. 7 nationally and No. 2 in the Big 12, averaging 7.5 assists an outing while Sims follows with 5.3 a game.
McNeese State is led by two double-digit scorers. Allison Baggett (5-9, So., G) leads the squad in scoring at 18.4 points an outing while senior forward Cecilia Okoye (6-1) follows with 12.8 points per game and a team-leading 9.0 rebounds a contest.
Upcoming Promotions, all Remaining December Games...
- Family Four Pack- $40, includes four tickets, four hot dogs and four drinks; Purchase here: http://www.baylorbears.com/tickets/basketball-dec-13.html?hq_e=el&hq_m=584755&hq_l=4&hq_v=8680e65935
- McNeese State - Dec. 28: *Postgame autograph session
- The Lady Bears' school-record 66-game home win streak ranks No. 1 nationally.
- Baylor is 79-3 in December games under Kim Mulkey.
- Baylor's 40-game Big 12 Conference regular season win streak is the nation's longest active league win string.
- Odyssey Sims, a 5-8 senior guard, is averaging a nation's-best 30.4 ppg as well as 5.3 assists, 4.1 rebounds and 2.2 steals.
- Sims, with 522 career assists, ranks No. 1 on Baylor's career list, breaking the record set by Angela Tisdale (493; 2004-08).
- Nina Davis, a 5-11 freshman forward/post, is averaging 16.0 points per game and ranks No. 2 nationally in field goal percentage at 71.4 (60-84) percent.
- In her 14 seasons at the program's helm, Kim Mulkey has posted an impressive 381-82 (.823) record which ranks her No. 2 nationally in winning percentage among active coaches behind UConn's Geno Auriemma (.864).
- National Player of the Year contender and Big 12 Preseason Player of the Year Odyssey Sims, a 5-8 senior guard, is averaging a nation's-best 30.4 points per game as well as 5.3 assists, 4.1 rebounds and 2.2 steals.
- On the boards, junior post Sune Agbuke (6-4) is the team's top rebounder with 8.2 an outing, followed by Davis' 7.3 rpg. Freshman Khadijiah Cave (6-2 post) manages 7.2 an game while sophomore Kristina Higgins (6-5 post) averages 6.7 a contest.
- Sophomore guard Niya Johnson is the team's top distributor and ranks No. 7 nationally and No. 2 in the Big 12, averaging 7.5 assists an outing while Odyssey Sims follows with 5.4 a game.
- Baylor's quartet of freshmen are making their presence felt. They are producing 34.5 percent of the team's points, hauling down 34.2 percent of its rebounds and playing 34.6 percent of the minutes.
- The rookies are holding their own in shooting percentage as well, with the group shooting 46.0 percent (127-276) from the floor while the team is managing 46.3 percent.
- Nina Davis and Imani Wright are two of Baylor's top four scorers with 16.0 and 7.4 points per game, respectively.
- Nina Davis (7.3 rpg) and Khadijiah Cave (7.2 rpg) and are two of the team's top four rebounders.
- Nina Davis leads the Big 12 Conference and ranks No. 1 nationally in field goal percentage (.714, 60-of-84).
Baylor's Record Win Streaks...
- Baylor has won a nation's-best and school-record 66 straight home contests, as its last home loss came on March 7, 2010, vs. Texas, 70-54.
Among the Big 12 Leaders...
- Odyssey Sims leads the Big 12 in scoring at 30.4 ppg while freshman Nina Davis ranks No. 7 (16.0 ppg).
- Nina Davis leads the nation and Big 12 in field goal percentage at 71.4 percent while Sims checks in at No. 13 (.498).
- All four of Baylor's posts rank among the league's top 15 in rebounding. Sune Agbuke ranks No. 5 with 8.2 rpg while Nina Davis sits at No. 11 with 7.3 a contest, Khadijiah Cave is No. 12 with 7.2 rpg and Kristina Higgins is No. 15 at 6.7 an outing.
- Khadijiah Cave (No. 1, 3.8), Nina Davis (No. 5, 3.3), Sune Agbuke (No. 5, 3.3) and Kristina Higgins (No. 15, 2.4) rank among the Big 12's top offensive rebounders.
- Niya Johnson (3.1) and Odyssey Sims (2.8) are No. 1 and No. 3, respectively, in assist/turnover ratio. In addition, Johnson is No. 2 in the league in assists (7.5 apg) and Sims is No. 6 with 5.3 a contest.