HILTON HEAD ISLAND, S.C. - Baylor women's golf is tied for 14th place after shooting 22-over-par 306 in Saturday's second round at the Darius Rucker Intercollegiate. BU is 37-over entering the final round, seven shots back of the top 10 at Long Cove Club.
No. 37 Baylor (+37) is tied with No. 37 Tennessee (+37) and ahead of No. 14 Oklahoma State (+38), No. 34 Auburn (+39) and No. 20 Virginia (+48). Six of the nation's top nine teams are in the field, and 16 of 18 teams are top-40 ranked.
The Bears trail No. 2 Alabama (+9), No. 13 Northwestern (+15), No. 3 Arkansas (+18), No. 9 Furman (+21), No. 28 Wake Forest (+22), No. 5 Duke (+23), LSU (+25), No. 29 Vanderbilt (+27), Georgia (+29), No. 8 South Carolina (+30), No. 33 North Carolina (+33), No. 6 Arizona State (+34) and Mississippi State (+35).
Amy Lee shot 3-over 74 on Saturday and sits tied for 14th place at 4-over 146 entering Sunday's final round. Maria Vesga carded a 5-over 76 and is tied for 38th place at 9-over 151. Freshmen Gurleen Kaur and Diane Baillieux recorded Baylor's final counting scores with matching rounds of 7-over 78, with Kaur moving into a tie for 54th place at 11-over 153 and Baillieux tied for 67th at 13-over 155. Laila Hrindova carded 10-over 81 and is tied for 86th at 17-over 159.
Baylor was 11 strokes better on the front-nine in Friday's first round, but the Bears flipped on Saturday, posting 8-over on the back-nine and 14-over on the front-nine. Lee again played the front-nine below par, and she's 4-under on the front-nine in the tournament.
• No. 37 Baylor is tied or in front of four top-35 ranked teams - No. 35 Tennessee, No. 14 Oklahoma State, No. 34 Auburn and No. 20 Virginia.
• Baylor ranks tied for fifth in the 18-team field in par-3 scoring at 7-over 3.18, tied for 13th in par-5 scoring at 7-over 5.23 and tied for 16th in par-4 scoring at 40-over 4.36.
• Baylor is tied for 12th in the field with 16 birdies and ranks 13th with 105 pars.
• Laila Hrindova and Maria Vesga are tied for seventh in the 93-player field in par-3 scoring at even-par 3.00.
• Amy Lee is tied for 11th in par-5 scoring at 1-under 4.83.
• Gurleen Kaur is tied for 12th with 25 pars across 36 holes.
• Lee leads the team and is tied for 13th in the tournament with five birdies
STAT OF THE DAY
4-under - Amy Lee has played the front-nine holes at 4-under over the first two rounds. She made birdies on Nos. 3 and 5 and a bogey on No. 8 in the second round, and in Friday's first round she made birdies on Nos. 2, 5 and 9 and a bogey on No. 7.
Baylor is paired with Mississippi State and Tennessee for Sunday's final round, which starts at 7 a.m. CT with tee times from the first and 10th tees. Baylor will begin on the 10th tee with Hrindova up first at 7:50 a.m. She'll be followed in 10-minute intervals by Baillieux, Kaur, Vesga and Lee, respectively. Live scoring is available at www.golfstat.com. Follow @BaylorWGolf on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook for updates throughout the season.