- Baylor is 24th in the latest RPI, while Missouri is 55th and Jackson State is 309th. The Lady Bears are receiving votes in the Soccer Times poll, the second time this season they have received votes.
- Baylor is currently ranked fifth in the NCAA Central Regional Rankings, its highest of the season, while Missouri is 10th.
- Lisa Sliwinski was named Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week and Courtney Seelhorst earned Defensive Player of the Week the Big 12 Conference office announced Tuesday.
- Missouri, coming off a 4-0 win over SIU-Edwardsville on Oct. 7, owns a 11-6 advantage over Baylor, including winning four straight. The Bears’ last win over the Tigers was Oct. 1, 2006 in Columbia, Mo.
- Sunday’s meeting with Jackson State will be the first in history, as the Lady Tigers are undefeated in their last four matches with a 3-0-1 mark.
Conference Awards Arrive
Lisa Sliwinski was named Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week and Courtney Seelhorst earned Defensive Player of the Week the Big 12 Conference office announced Tuesday. Sliwinski, who earned her first conference award, scored three of Baylor's five goals over the weekend. Seelhorst collected the second Big 12 award of her career after allowingjust one goal and made seven saves, helping lead Baylor to a pair of road wins over Kansas and Iowa State.
Second Half Goals
Baylor has been a second half team this season, scoring 20 of its 28 goals after halftime. Nineteen have come in the second half while one has come in overtime.
Use Your Head
Eleven of the Bears’ 28 goals have come via header, with freshman Alexa Wilde leading the way with three.
The Bears have also scored 11 goals off set pieces, eight off corners and three off free kicks.
Scoring Spread Out
New players seem to step up each game, as 11 different players have recorded a goal. In addition, 16 players have recorded at least a point for BU.
Seelhorst Leads League
Fifth-year senior, Courtney Seelhorst leads the Big 12 with nine solo shutouts this season and is second in program history with 17 in her career.
Jobson Turns Defense Around
Since head coach Marci Jobson took over as head coach in 2008, the Bears have had their best defensive seasons in program history. After setting the school record for fewest goals allowed in 2008 (23), Baylor reset it in 2009 (18) and again in 2010 (16). BU has allowed just eight in 15 games so far in 2011.