Nov. 1, 2011
|Baylor [14-3-2] vs. Missouri [12-7]
Nov. 2 | 2 p.m. | San Antonio, Texas | Blossom Soccer Stadium
Big 12 Conference Championship
|Watch | Live Stats | Championship Central|
- The Bears are making their ninth trip to the Big 12 Championship and second in the last three years, holding a 4-8 record all-time.
- Baylor is 8-1-1 during its last 10 games.
- The Bears posted their most regular season wins since getting 15 in 1998 and most Big 12 triumphs since winning six in 2000.
- Baylor knocked off Missouri 3-1 on Oct. 14 in Waco after two goals and an assist from Dana Larsen.
- Baylor is 13th in the latest RPI, while Missouri is 57th. The Lady Bears are receiving votes in all three polls this week.
- Baylor is currently ranked fourth in the NCAA Central Regional Rankings.
- Baylor finished third in the Big 12 after being picked to finish in a tie for seventh in the Big 12 preseason poll.
Larsen leads the team in goals (10) and points (22), becoming the first player to reach 10 goals since Molly Cameron had 11 in 2000. She finished fourth in the Big 12 in goals.
Second Half Goals
Baylor has been a second half team this season, scoring 27 of its 38 goals after halftime. Twenty-six have come in the second half and one has come in overtime.
Use Your Head
Fourteen of the Bears' 36 goals have come via header.
The Bears have also scored 14 goals off set pieces, nine off corners, four off free kicks and one on a penalty kick.
Scoring Spread Out
New players seem to step up each game, as 12 different players have recorded a goal. In addition, 18 players have recorded at least a point for BU.
Seelhorst Leads League
Fifth-year senior, Courtney Seelhorst led the Big 12 with nine solo shutouts this season and is second in program history with 16 in her career. In addition she was second in the Big 12 with a 0.57 goals against average, a new Baylor single-season record, and owns the lowest career GAA with 0.77.
Jobson Turns Defense Around
Since head coach Marci Jobson took over as head coach in 2008, the Bears have had their best defensive seasons in program history. After setting the school record for fewest goals allowed in 2008 (23), Baylor reset it in 2009 (18) and again in 2010 (16). BU has allowed just 11 in 19 games so far in 2011.
Baylor earned three weekly conference awards during the season, as Courtney Seelhorst was named Defensive Player of the Week (Oct. 11) and Dana Larsen (Oct. 18) and Lisa Sliwinski (Oct. 11) each garnered Offensive Player of the Week honors. In addition, Natalie Huggins was named to TopDrawerSoccer.com's Freshman National Top 100 players list.