TV:BigSouthSports.com / ESPN3.com
Live Stats/In-Game Home: BaylorBears.com
Twitter: @BaylorSoftball | #SicLU
- Baylor crossed the country from California to Virginia, closing out an 11-game, 10-day road trip that will have covered over 5,000 miles, round trip.
- Baylor is taking part in the 2018 Liberty Spring Classic, hosted by the Liberty Flames in Lynchburg, Va. at the Liberty Softball Stadium, March 8-10.
- Baylor closed out a 3-3 road trip through California, picking up ranked wins over No. 18/17 Louisiana and No. 21/rv Long Beach State, while falling to No. 2/2 Florida, No. 25/23 Michigan, and Iowa.
- Baylor will face Liberty for the fourth and fifth times, with Baylor holding a 2-1 advantage in the all-time series. The programs have never met in Lynchburg.
- Baylor will face Ohio for just the second and third times, with the only prior meeting dating back to 1999, when BU took a 6-2 win over Ohio in Sacramento, Calif.
- Baylor will face Delaware for the first time, with UD carrying a 3-10 record on the season entering the weekend.
- Baylor is coming off a 5-2 win over No. 21/rv Long Beach State on Tuesday, March 6.
- Goose McGlaun capped off a four home run effort in the team’s six games over the week in Cali,
- In her 11 career games played in California, McGlaun now has seven home runs and 15 RBI.
- Baylor notched its fourth win of the season over a ranked opponent, knocking off No. 21 Long Beach State in the 49ers’ home opener.
- Gia Rodoni worked her fifth complete game of the season, matching her career total entering Tuesday’s contest.
- Despite a weekend of struggles both at the plate and in the circle, facing some of the top teams in the country, BU maintains a holding in the Top 25 as a team in batting average (13th, .332), on base percentage (20th, .408), fielding percentage (23rd, .976), and ERA (24th, 1.57)
- Baylor will play five more road/neutral site games over the weekend before returning to Getterman Stadium on March 14, a stretch away from home that will have lasted 32 days and 17 games after the Baylor Classic was canceled.
- Baylor saw several of its weekend game times moved forward to try to avoid potential severe winter weather.
Season tickets, softball flex plans, and the Baylor All Sport Season passes are available, and single-game tickets are currently on sale. Get your tickets on BaylorBears.com/tickets or by calling 254-710-1000.
The Diamond Club is an exclusive support club that enhances the Baylor Softball program. Joining the Diamond Club allows you to get an insider look at Baylor softball. For more information on the Diamond Club, visit Baylor.edu/bearfoundation or call 254-710-2582.
Keep up with the team all season long by following Baylor Softball on the team's official Twitter (@BaylorSoftball), Facebook (Baylor Softball), and Instagram (@BaylorSoftball).