• Baylor kicks off its final road swing of the season, trekking to Houston to face UH in a midweek doubleheader before closing the week with its final road trip of the 2018 regular season to Ames to face Iowa State.
• Baylor leads the all-time series, 18-11, trailing 8-7 in games played in Houston.
• Baylor has never beaten Houston on the road twice in a single-season, looking to sweep the two-game series with the Cougars for the first time since 2015 when the Lady Bears won two in Waco.
• The Lady Bears have won six of the last 10 meetings between the programs.
• The Lady Bears rebounded from a rocky first half of Big 12 play, taking a road win over Texas and sweeping Kansas to push back over .500 in conference play.
• Baylor took its fourth-straight home series sweep over the Jayhawks, winning the last eight-straight series overall.
• Baylor is 8-1 versus teams from the Lone Star State in 2018.
• BU has carried a winning conference record in five-straight seasons and has won 10 or more Big 12 games each of the last seven years.
• Shelby Friudenberg punched her way to the top of Baylor’s career leaderboard, drilling her 45th career home run in Sunday’s series finale at Texas Tech, passing Chelsi Lake (44, 2004-2007) as the program’s all-time record holder.
• Friudenberg will set her sights on another of Lake’s BU career records, now sitting at 179 career RBI, which trails Lake (184) by just five for the top spot.
• Gia Rodoni added her name to the top of the program record books, earning her fifth Big 12 Pitcher of the Week honors, the most-ever in a single season by a Lady Bear.
• After missing 11 games due to an ankle injury, Kyla Walker is back in the lineup, a huge boost for the Lady Bears as the program’s career batting average leader and the ninth-highest career hitting mark among all active student-athletes in Division I softball, the third-highest among non-freshmen.
• Walker improved her season-high hitting and on base streaks both up to 10.
• Jessie Scroggins is making a strong case for consideration as the nation’s top centerfielder, holding the seventh-highest batting average in the nation (.468) entering the weekend, the highest among the country’s outfielders.
• Scroggins also leads the Big 12 in stolen bases per game (0.40) and ranks eighth nationally with 65 hits on the year, good for first among the conference’s hitters.
• The reigning Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year, Scroggins saw a streak of 117 games and 169 consecutive successful fielding chances of errorless play end on a slip up in game three at Oklahoma State, committing her first defensive error since game three of the OU series in 2016 (April 10).
• Scroggins now sits atop the program’s record book for career hits, passing Lindsey Cargill (253, 2014-2017) for the top spot with a single vs. Kansas on April 20.
• A 2-for-3 performance by Scroggins against BYU on March 24 marked the 70th career multi-hit game of her career, passing Naomi Fitzgerald (69, 1998-2001) to set a new Baylor program record.
• Scroggins became the ninth Lady Bear in program history taken in the National Pro Fastpitch (NPF) College Draft, selected by the Chicago Bandits as the No. 15 overall pick in the third round.
• Gia Rodoni made it seven-straight seasons that a BU pitcher has notched 200-plus strikeouts in a season, leading the Big 12 in both strikeouts and strikeouts per seven innings, ranking in the Top 20 in the country in both categories.
Season tickets, softball flex plans, and the Baylor All Sport Season passes are available, and single-game tickets are currently on sale. Get your tickets on BaylorBears.com/tickets or by calling 254-710-1000.
The Diamond Club is an exclusive support club that enhances the Baylor Softball program. Joining the Diamond Club allows you to get an insider look at Baylor softball. For more information on the Diamond Club, visit Baylor.edu/bearfoundation or call 254-710-2582.
Keep up with the team all season long by following Baylor Softball on the team's official Twitter (@BaylorSoftball), Facebook (Baylor Softball), and Instagram (@BaylorSoftball).