Zuzana Zemenova picked up a point for Baylor in their quarterfinal loss to second-seeded Notre Dame.
Feb. 2, 2007
The match started with Notre Dame picking up the singles point early with wins on all three courts. The Bears fell 8-2 on courts two and three and 8-6 on court one.
In singles Baylor battled back to tie the match at ones when Zuzana Zemenova defeated Catrina Thompson 6-4, 6-4. Soon the Fighting Irish reclaimed the lead with a win on court five; Iva Mihaylova fell to Cosmina Ciobanu 6-2, 6-4. Notre Dame inched closer to sealing the match when Christian Thompson bested Lenka Broosova 6-7, 6-4, 6-0.
Notre Dame clinched the match with its win on court two. Jessica Zok fought to keep the Bears alive but surrendered the match 6-4, 6-4 to Colleen Rielley. Zuzana Chmelarova rounded finished out the match on court six with a win over Katie Pitts 6-4, 6-2.
Through the tournament Baylor moved to 2-2 on the season. The Bears next match is against Miami in a quarterfinal play-off.
Notre Dame 5, Baylor 2
ITA Team Indoor Championships
Feb. 1-4, 2007
1. Thompson/Thompson (ND) def. Broosova/Zrustova (BU) 8-6
2. Buck/Tefft (ND) def. Zok/Chmelarova (BU) 8-2
3. Ciobanu/Irisik (ND) def. Bielikova/Zemenova (BU) 8-2
Singles - Order of Finish: 1, 5, 3, 2, 4, 6
1. Zuzana Zemenova (BU) def. Catrina Thompson (ND) 6-4, 6-4
2. Colleen Rielley (ND) def. Jessica Zok (BU) 6-4, 6-4
3. Christian Thompson (ND) def. Lenka Broosova (BU) 6-7 (3), 6-4, 6-0
4. Kelcy Tefft (ND) def. Klara Zrustova (BU) 6-1, 6-1
5. Cosmina Ciobanu (ND) def. Iva Mihaylova (BU) 6-2, 6-4
6. Zuzana Chmelarova (BU) def. Katie Potts (ND) 6-4, 6-2