Feb. 16, 2007
EVANSTON, Ill. - Baylor's No. 10 tennis team continues to slide with a 7-0 loss Friday at No. 6 Northwestern in Evanston, Ill. The Bears are now 2-4 on the season including a three-match losing streak dating back to Feb. 2 at the National Team Indoors. Baylor returns home for an 11 a.m. Sunday match against No. 44 Harvard at the Baylor Tennis Center.
Baylor dropped the doubles point with losses on all courts. Northwestern's Lauren Lui and Samantha Murray blanked Baylor's Zuzana Cerna and Zuzana Chmelarova 8-0 on court two to give the Wildcats an early advantage to take the doubles point. Court one finished next as Northwestern's No. 30 duo Alexis Prousis and Georgia Rose bested Jessica Zok and Klara Zrustova 8-3. On court three Keri Robison and Nazlie Ghazal led the Wildcats to an 8-5 victory against Jana Bielikova and Iva Mihaylova.
After the doubles losses, Baylor never recovered. Singles action produced not a single point for Baylor. The Wildcats won all six points in straight sets. Mihaylova fell first on court six as Nazlie Ghazal won 6-2, 6-1 and picked up Northwestern's second point. Bielikova was bested by Robison next on court five, 6-3, 6-1 before Cerna dropped a 6-2, 6-2 match to Murray.
Zrustova lost 6-2, 6-3 on court three to Prousis while Northwestern's No. 66 Lui conquered Chmelarova 7-6, 6-1 on court five. Wildcat's Rose finished off the afternoon defeating Zok 6-3, 7-5.
The Bears home match will feature live scoring updates at www.baylorbears.com along with full match results.
#6 Northwestern, 7 def. #10 Baylor, 0
Fri., Feb. 16 - 2:00 p.m. CT
Evanston, Ill. - Combe Tennis Center
Singles - Order of Finish: 6, 5, 2, 3, 4, 1
1. Georgia Rose (NU) def. #38 Jessica Zok (BU) 6-3, 7-5
2. Samantha Murray (NU) def. #91 Zuzana Cerna (BU) 6-2, 6-2
3. Alexis Prousis (NU) def. Klara Zrustova (BU) 6-2, 6-3
4. #66Lauren Lui (NU) def. Zuzana Chmelarova (BU) 7-6, 6-1
5. Keri Robison (NU) def. Jana Bielikova (BU) 6-3, 6-1
6. Nazlie Ghazal (NU) def. Iva Mihaylova (BU) 6-2, 6-1
Doubles - Order of Finish: 2, 1, 3
1. #30 Prousis/Rose (NU) def. Zok/Zrustova (BU) 8-3
2. Lui/Murray (NU) def. Cerna/Chmelarova (BU) 8-0
3. Robison/Ghazal (NU) def. Bielikova/Mihaylova (BU) 8-5