Lenka Broosova tried to keep the Bears alive against Colorado with her win on court three.
March 4, 2007
BOULDER, Colo. - Baylor's women's tennis team lost its first regular season Big 12 match after 25 straight wins Sunday falling 5-2 to Colorado at the Millennium Hotel Harvest House. The Bears currently rank No. 14 with their 6-5 overall record and 1-1 conference mark.
Baylor's doubles highlight came on court one as Zuzana Cerna and Zuzana Chmelarova defeated CU's No. 42 duo Camila Belassi and Gleisy Torres Torres. The win marks the second straight win for the Baylor pair over a ranked opponent. But the Bears had already dropped their doubles matches on courts two and three to give Colorado the doubles point.
In singles action Baylor fought back to tie the score at 1-1 when Jessica Zok stepped up on court two besting Camila Belassi 6-1, 6-3. Colorado then took back the lead with Monica Milewski's 6-4, 6-4 win over Zuzana Cerna on court one. Battling again to even the score, No. 76 Lenka Broosova earned a Baylor point defeating Veera Nurmi 6-2, 6-4 on court four.
Colorado took control of the game and clinched the Buffaloes' victory picking up the final three points on courts four, five, and six.
Baylor returns to action Fri. March 9 with another conference road match against Oklahoma at 2 p.m. The Sooners host Baylor at the Headington Family Tennis Center in Norman, Okla.
#47 Colorado 5, def. #14 Baylor 2
Sun., March 4, 2007 - 11 a.m. CT
Boulder, Colo. - Millennium Hotel Harvest House
Singles - Order of Finish: 2, 1, 3, 4, 5*, 6
1.Monica Milewski (CU) def. Zuzana Cerna (BU) 6-4, 6-4
2. Jessica Zok (BU) def. Camila Belassi (CU) 6-1, 6-3
3. #76 Lenka Broosova (BU) def. Veera Nurmi (CU) 6-2, 6-4
4. Franziska Jendrian (CU) def. Zuzana Chmelarova (BU) 7-5, 6-0
5. Gleisy Torres Torres (CU) def. Iva Mihaylova (BU) 7-6(1), 6-3
6. Melisa Esposito (CU) def. Jana Bielikova (BU) 6-4, 3-6, 1-0(4)
Doubles - Order of Finish: 3, 2, 1
1. Cerna/Chmelarova (BU) def. #42 Belassi/Torres Torres (CU) 9-7
2. Jendrian/Milewski (CU) def. Broosova/Bielikova (BU) 8-5
3. Esposito/Martina Sedivec (CU) def. Mihaylova/Zok (BU) 8-6