April 1, 2007
WACO, Texas -
No. 16 women's tennis rolled past Missouri Sunday afternoon defeating the Tigers 7-0 at the Baylor Tennis Center. The win marks the fifth-straight for the Bears and improves their record to 13-6 overall and 6-1 in conference. The sweep is also Baylor's fourth-straight match without allowing its opponent to score a single point.
"We played disciplined tennis today and when you played that way from start to finish, you're going to win 7-0. We're happy about it," said head coach Joey Scrivano.
Baylor started strong winning all three doubles matches to take a 1-0 lead over Missouri. No. 38 Lenka Broosova and Klara Zrustova won first on court two defeating Erika Josbena and Amanda Pratzel 8-2 while Zuzana Cerna and Zuzana Chmelarova took court one 8-2 over Raquel Wagner and Katelyn McKenzie. The final doubles match on court three wrapped up in Baylor's favor as Zuzana Zemenova and Iva Mihaylova bested Chrissy Svetlic and Katelyn Dunham 8-5.
Baylor continued to roll in singles action sweeping the Tigers. No. 49 Cerna earned Baylor's second point defeating Pratzel 6-1, 6-1 on court one and No. 93 Broosova extended the lead with her 6-0, 6-1 win over Svetlic on court two.
At the six spot, Jana Bielikova clinched the BU victory as she blew past Wagner 6-1, 6-2. In the final matches, Mihaylova fought back from a first-set loss to ultimately beat Dunham 4-6, 6-0, 10-8 on court four. Zrustova picked up a win on court five defeating McKenzie 6-1, 6-3 on court five. Afternoon action concluded with Baylor's final point earned by Chmelarova on court three, a 7-5, 6-2 victory over Josbena.
The Bears continue their homestand host No. 36 Texas at 6 p.m. Wed., April 4. Live scoring will be availble at baylorbears.com.
#16 Baylor, 7 def. Missouri, 0
April 1, 2007 - 11:00 a.m.
Waco, Texas - Baylor Tennis Center
Singles - Order of Finish: 1, 2, 6*, 4, 5, 3
1. #49 Zuzana Cerna (BU) def. Amanda Pratzel (MU) 6-1, 6-1
2. #93 Lenka Broosova (BU) def. Chrissy Svetlic (MU) 6-0, 6-1
3. Zuzana Chmelarova (BU) def. Erika Josbena (MU) 7-5, 6-2
4. Iva Mihaylova (BU) def. Katelyn Dunham (MU) 4-6, 6-0, 10-8
5. Klara Zrustova (BU) def. Katelyn McKenzie (MU) 6-1, 6-3
6. Jana Bielikova (BU) def. Raquel Wagner (MU) 6-1, 6-2
Doubles - Order of Finish: 2, 1, 3
1. Cerna/Chmelarova (BU) def. Wagner/McKenzie (MU) 8-2
2. #38 Broosova/Zrustova (BU) def. Josbena/Pratzel (MU) 8-2
3. Zemenova/Mihaylova (BU) def. Svetlic/Dunham (MU) 8-5