- The Baylor women enter the weekend in search of their sixth consecutive Big 12 Championship title. Baylor has won each of the last five tournament championships, entering as No. 1 seed each time. The Lady Bears are the No. 1 seed this weekend.
- With wins over No. 30 Texas A&M and No. 41 Texas Tech last weekend, the Lady Bears claimed their seventh consecutive Big 12 regular season title and eighth overall. The senior class completed a sweep of both Big 12 titles in its four years.
- Baylor is currently ranked No. 7 after reaching as high as No. 3 early in the season. BU has four ranked singles players, including No. 15 Sona Novakova, No. 46 Diana Nakic, No. 47 Nina Secerbegovic and No. 116 Jelena Stanivuk.
- BU also comes into the weekend playing its best tennis of the season, riding a 12-match win streak. The stretch includes nine wins against conference opponents and eight wins against ranked opponents no lower than No. 41.
- As a team, the Lady Bears have compiled a 16-3 mark against ranked opponents, while going a perfect 6-0 versus unranked teams. Baylor was especially succesful against top-15 teams, going 6-1.
- Individually, Baylor's Diana Nakic and Jelena Stanivuk have been the hottest players of late. Nakic comes in with a 14-match win streak, having lost only one set during the run. Stanivuk has won 10 in a row and 22 of her last 24.
- Earlier this season, the Lady Bears had one of the longest conference win streaks in NCAA history snapped in a loss to Kansas State. Entering the match, BU had won 57 in a row over Big 12 teams, including 43 in a row in the regular season.
- The Lady Bears claimed three Big 12 Player of the Week honors this season. Nina Secerbegovic was honored twice, winning the award on March 22 and April 12. Sona Novakova is the most recent winner, claiming the honor on April 26.
- Four Baylor student-athletes were named to the Big 12 All-Academic First Team, including three-time honorees Taylor Ormond, Karolina Filipiak and Jelena Stanivuk. Nina Secerbegovic was honored for the second time.
- Head coach Joey Scrivano signed four players to National Letters of Intent. They include Megan Horter, Nicole Kosakowski, Rachael Reed and Ema Burgic.
THE QUICK LOOK
BAYLOR'S CURRENT TEAM LEADERS
OVERALL - 2011
Singles Wins: 28, Sona Novakova
Singles Win Percentage: .917 (22-2), Jelena Stanivuk
Doubles Wins: 23, Sona Novakova
Doubles Win Percentage: .767 (23-7), Sona Novakova
CONFERENCE - 2011
Singles Wins: 11, Nakic, Stanivuk
Singles Win Percentage: 1.000 (11-0), Nakic, Stanivuk
Doubles Wins: 9, Sona Novakova
Doubles Win Percentage: .900 (9-1), Sona Novakova
CAREER at BAYLOR
Singles Wins: 96, Filipiak, Stanivuk
Singles Win Percentage: .882 (90-12), Nina Secerbegovic
Doubles Wins: 82, Jelena Stanivuk
Doubles Win Percentage: .713 (82-33), Jelena Stanivuk
BIG 12 CONFERENCE (Min. 15 matches)
Singles Wins: 29, Jelena Stanivuk
Singles Win Percentage: .967 (29-1), Jelena Stanivuk
Doubles Wins: 34, Jelena Stani,vuk
Doubles Win Percentage: .850 (34-6), Jelena Stanivuk