Friday, May 20 - (5) Baylor [27-3] vs. SMU [23-5] - 3 p.m. PT/5 p.m. CT^
Sunday, May 22 - (5) Baylor/SMU vs. (4) UNC/Vanderbilt - 4 p.m. PT/6 p.m. CT
Monday, May 23 - NCAA Semifinals - 4 p.m. PT/6 p.m. CT
Sunday, May 24 - NCAA Finals - 4 p.m. PT/6 p.m. CT
^Played at Taube South courts
*Played at Taube Stadium courts
The NCAA Championship Central page featuring links to general information, brackets and live results is located at www.NCAA.com.
- The fifth-seeded Baylor women enter the Round of 16 for the seventh straight year, and eighth time overall. Each of the past seven have been under Joey Scrivano, with Baylor making the Elite Eight four times and the Final Four once.
- Baylor holds a 22-12 all-time record in the NCAA Team Championships, including a perfect 14-0 mark at home. Chosen as a host, Baylor opened the NCAA Team Championships with 4-0 wins over No. 69 UT-Arlington and No. 24 Oklahoma.
- With this season's Big 12 regular season and tournament titles, BU has won the regular season title seven years in a row and the tournament title six consecutive times. The current senior class has won both Big 12 titles in each of their four seasons.
- Baylor is currently ranked No. 7 by the ITA, after reaching as high as No. 3 this season. BU has four ranked singles players, including No. 14 Sona Novakova, No. 47 Diana Nakic, No. 49 Nina Secerbegovic and No. 112 Jelena Stanivuk.
- BU also comes into the weekend playing its best tennis of the season, riding a 17-match win streak. The stretch includes 11 wins against ranked opponents no lower than No. 41. Baylor's last loss was by a score of 4-3 to Kansas State on March 18.
- Individually, Baylor's Diana Nakic and Jelena Stanivuk have been the hottest players of late. Nakic comes in with a 19-match win streak, having lost only one set during the run. Stanivuk has won 11 in a row and 23 of her 25 matches.
- Earlier this season, BU had one of the longest conference win streaks in NCAA history snapped in a 4-3 loss to Kansas State on March 18. Entering the match, BU had won 57 in a row over Big 12 teams, including 43 in a row in the regular season.
- Sona Novakova was named the Big 12 Newcomer of the Year and a All-Big 12 First Team selection. Nina Secerbegovic and Diana Nakic were also named All-Big 12 singles. Secerbegovic and Karolina Filipiak earned All-Big 12 doubles honors.
- Academically, Taylor Ormond earned the prestigious NCAA Elite 88 Award. Also, four Baylor student-athletes were named to the Big 12 All-Academic First Team, including Ormond, Karolina Filipiak, Jelena Stanivuk and Nina Secerbegovic.
- For the ITA's Texas Region, Taylor Ormond was named the Arthur Ashe Leadership and Sportsmanship Award winner, while Jelena Stanivuk was named the region's Senior of the Year.
BAYLOR'S CURRENT INDIVIDUAL RANKINGS
Sona Novakova - 14
Diana Nakic - 47
Nina Secerbegovic - 49
Jelena Stanivuk - 112
Nina Secerbegovic/Sona Novakova - 27
Nina Secerbegovic/Karolina Filipiak - 70