Head Coach Jim Barnes
Jan. 27, 2012
WACO, Texas - Baylor's volleyball team will be hosting its annual awards banquet on Feb. 4 at 3 p.m. in the Stone Room at the Ferrell Center.
Tickets for the event are $15 and can be purchased by emailing assistant coach Candice O'Brien at Candice_Obrien@baylor.edu. The event will include a full dinner buffet and ceremony of team awards presented by Director of Athletics Ian McCaw, Sport Administrator Tom Hill and Head Coach Jim Barnes.
In 2011, Baylor's volleyball team recorded an unprecedented fourth consecutive winning season, along with its second NCAA berth in the past three seasons and an 18-15 overall record.
2011 Volleyball Season Highlights
- Finished season with 18-15 record, 5-11 in Big 12 to finish seventh
- Earned fourth-ever bid to NCAA Championship and second in last three years
- Recorded fourth consecutive winning season for first time in program history
- Set all-time attendance average record with 873 fans per match totaling 11,355
- Senior Briana Tolbert named First Team All-Big 12, marking fourth consecutive year for MB at Baylor to be name to the Big 12's top all-conference team
- Tied program-best with six student-athletes on Academic All-Big 12 Team
- Coach Jim Barnes earned his BU-record 130th win at Baylor on Oct. 5 in sweep over Texas Tech
- Won two pre-conference tournament titles, taking the Baylor Classic and UNLV Classic titles
- Eclipsed 2,000-dig plateau for seventh time in BU history, notching fifth-best total ever at 2,197
- Had season-high seven-match win streak from Aug. 27-Sept. 9
- Recorded highest-ranked victory of season over No. 25 Oklahoma on the road, 3-1
- One of just 92 teams named an AVCA All-Academic team for the 2010-11 academic year