Sept. 13, 2012
|BIG DADDY'S INVITATIONAL
Baylor (10-1) | Binghamton (2-9) | UTEP (3-4) |
Sept. 14-15 | New Orleans, La.| Hertz Gym (200)
Live Stats: For all matches
Arkansas State (2-9) | Sept. 14, 4:30 p.m. CT
All-Time Series: Never met
Last meeting: Met met
The Bearcats snapped s six-match losing streak on Tuesday with a 3-1 over Siena. Iva Partaleva leads the offense with 3.40 k/s, while Xiomara Ortiz has recorded 4.38 d/s.
UTEP (3-4) | Sept. 15, 10:00 a.m. CT
All-Time Series: UTEP leads 6-4 (H: 2-0, A: 0-2, N: 2-4)
Last meeting: Baylor won 3-2, Sept. 9, 2011
UTEP went 2-1 this past weekend at the Razorback Invitational, defeating Louisiana-Monroe and Houston Baptist before falling to Arkansas. Jeane Horton leads the Miners' attack with 4.04 k/s, while swinging .366.
Tulane (1-8) | Sept. 8, 9:00 a.m. CT
All-Time Series: Baylor leads 3-2 (H: 1-1, A: 2-0, N: 0-1)
Last meeting: Baylor won 3-1, Aug. 25, 2012
Tulane enters the weekend after dropping its last five matches, including going 0-3 in its home tournament last weekend. The Bears and Green Wave matched up on Aug. 25 with BU taking a 3-1 win at the Fairfield Inn North Baylor Classic.
- Baylor took home its second tournament title of 2012 after capturing the Big Daddy's Invitational in Lake Charles last weekend. The Bears have won six-straight matches and are off to their best start since 2009 when they began 11-0.
- For their efforts, Thea Munch-Soegaard
and Alyssa Dibbern
were named to the All-Tournament team while Adri Nora
earned MVP honors.
- Baylor hit a new season best, .338 against Bethune Cookman on Sept. 8.
- Senior Alyssa Dibbern
leads the squad and ranks ninth with 3.08 kills/set. She recorded a career high 19 kills in BU's 3-1 win over Tulane on Aug. 25.
- Baylor, who likes to spread the ball around, has four players who average at least 2.3 k/s.
- The Bears' height this season has been evident, averaging 2.76 blocks/set after averaging 2.0 in 2011. The 2.76 average is good for fifth in the Big 12.
- Baylor's sweep over No. 25 Cal on Aug. 31 was the first over a ranked opponent since a 3-0 win over No. 11 Iowa State on Sept. 23, 2009 in Waco.
- Head coach Jim Barnes
picked up the 300th win of his career with a 3-1 win over Nevada on Aug. 25.
- The Bears tied a program best by being picked fifth in the 2012 Big 12 Preseason Poll, their highest since a fifth-place nod in the 2009 poll.
- Senior MH Torri Campbell
was named to the Preseason All-Big 12 team.
- Despite losing six letterwinners to graduation, Baylor reloaded with seven incoming freshman, ranking No. 16 in the country according to PrepVolleyball.com.
- The 2011 squad earned BU its fourth-ever bid to the NCAA Championship and second in the last three years.