Sept. 17, 2012
|Baylor (13-1) at North Texas (13-5)
Sept. 18, 2012 | 6:30 p.m. CT
Waco, Texas | North Texas Volleyball Center (600)
| Watch | Listen | Live Stats
Texas State Bobcats
All-Time Series: BU leads 17-7 (H: 8-2, A: 7-2, N: 1-3)
Last meeting: Baylor won 3-0, Oct. 11, 2011
The Mean Green, winners of five of their last six, went 4-1 last week and picked up the 50th career win for third-year head coach Ken Murczek.
MB Courtney Windham, who began her career at Baylor, has been a force for North Texas with 3.42 kills and 1.39 blocks per set, which leads the Sun Belt Conference.
- Baylor took home its third tournament title of 2012 after capturing the Katy Trosclair Memorial in New Orleans last weekend. The Bears have won nine-straight matches and are off to their best start since 2009 when they began 17-1.
- For their efforts, Torri Campbell and Kate Harris were named to the All-Tournament team while Adri Nora earned MVP honors. It marked the second-straight tournament Nora was named MVP.
- BU has played just four matches at home this season, and over the last 19 days (including the trip to UNT), the Bears have traveled to four cities, three states and 9,152 miles.
- Senior Alyssa Dibbern leads the squad and ranks ninth with 3.0 kills/set. She recorded a career high 19 kills in BU's 3-1 win over Tulane on Aug. 25.
- Baylor, who likes to spread the ball around, has five players who average at least 2.1 k/s and two of the top three (Laura Jones - 2.61, Thea Munch-Soegaard - 2.37) are freshmen.
- The Bears height this season has been evident, averaging 2.64 blocks/set after averaging 2.0 in 2011. BU has four players averaging over 1.0 b/s.
- Baylor's sweep over No. 25 Cal on Aug. 31 was the first over a ranked opponent since a 3-0 win over No. 11 Iowa State on Sept. 23, 2009 in Waco.
- Head coach Jim Barnes picked up the 300th win of his career with a 3-1 win over Nevada on Aug. 25.
- The Bears tied a program best by being picked fifth in the 2012 Big 12 Preseason Poll, their highest since a fifth-place nod in the 2009 poll.
- Senior MH Torri Campbell was named to the Preseason All-Big 12 team.
- Despite losing six letterwinners to graduation, Baylor reloaded with seven incoming freshman, ranking No. 16 in the country according to PrepVolleyball.com.
- The 2011 squad earned BU its fourth-ever bid to the NCAA Championship and second in the last three years.