Sept. 20, 2011
GAME CENTER: Match 15
Date: Sept. 21, 2011
Location: Waco, Texas
Arena: Ferrell Center (Capacity: 6,000)
Internet Audio: Listen
Internet Video: Watch (subscription required)
Talent: Larry Little (color)
Live Stats: Gametracker
All-Time Series: OU leads 30-14 (H: 9-11, A: 3-18, N: 2-1)
Last meeting: OU won 3-2, Oct. 29, 2010
Oklahoma enters the week ranked No. 25 in the nation and carries a 13-3 record. The Sooners have defeated the only ranked team on their schedule thus far in a sweep over then-No. 15 Colorado State. As a team, OU's potent offense ranks first in the league, hitting at a .275 clip.
SO MB Sallie McLaurin leads the team with a .418 hitting percentage, while SR RS Suzy Boulavsky is one of three with at least 2.93 kills per set, sitting at 3.17. SR S Brianne Barker averages 10.61 assists per set, while JR L Maria Fernanda paces the defense at 4.82 digs per set.
- Baylor improved its record to 11-3 with a 3-0 mark to win the UNLV Classic over host UNLV, San Francisco and Fresno State. Wednesday's match is dedicated to 10-year-old cancer survivor Molly Martinsen, whose mother, Jennifer (Putty) Martinsen played volleyball at Baylor from 1985-87. Molly and family will be on hand for a special ceremony at the intermission between the second and third sets.
- SR MB Briana Tolbert and SR L Allison King each earned UNLV Classic all-tournament honors. At UNLV, Tolbert hit .328 and had 12 blocks, while King notched 55 digs for 5.00 per set.
- JR RS Alyssa Dibbern and SO OH Zoe Adom played important roles in a win over UNLV to win the tournament. Dibbern had a career-high 15 kills and Adom came off the bench for 10 kills.
- Senior Brittany Ridenour narrowly missed a triple-double in one of her career-best matches to help lead BU over UNLV in five sets. She recorded 48 kills, 14 digs and eight kills to hit .583.
- SR S Brittany Ridenour leads BU with seven (ast-dig) double-doubles. JR OH Qian Zhang has two (kill-dig) and JR MB Torri Campbell (kill-block) and SR L Allison King (ast-dig) each have one.
- With her first dig against UTEP earlier this season, SR L Allison King broke the BU career digs record of 1,575 set by Cory Sivertson (1991-94). King's total currently sits at 1,709.
- In the Big 12 team rankings, Baylor is second in assists (12.73/set), second in digs (16.98/set), third in kills (13.71/set) and fourth in opponent hitting percentage (.154).