Sept. 21, 2012
|Baylor (13-2) at No. 19 Iowa State (6-4)
Sept. 22, 2012 | 6:30 p.m. CT
Ames, Iowa | Hilton Coliseum (8,524)
| Watch | Listen | Live Stats
Iowa State Cyclones
All-Time Series: BU leads 18-16 (H: 8-9, A: 10-6, N: 0-1)
Last meeting: Baylor lost 3-2, Nov. 19, 2011
The Cyclones are coming off a 3-1 win over then No. 1 ranked Nebraska on Sept. 15, marking the first win over a top-ranked team. ISU is 3-3 against ranked teams this season.
Hittitng .223 as a team, Iowa State is averaging 1.49 b/s, while its opponents block at a 2.48 b/s rate. Freshman RS Mackenzie Bigbee leads the team with 3.26 k/s
- Baylor saw its nine-match winning streak snapped after a 3-0 loss at North Texas on Sept. 18.
-Baylor is 1-1 against ranked teams this season.
- Adri Nora was named tournament MVP in back-to-back tournaments (Big Daddy’s Invitational and Kathy Trosclair Memorial).
- BU has played just four matches at home this season, and over the last 23 days (including the trip to Iowa State), the Bears have traveled to five cities, four states and 10,652 miles.
- Senior Alyssa Dibbern leads the squad and ranks ninth with 3.0 kills/set, ranking ninth in the Big 12. She recorded a career high 19 kills in BU's 3-1 win over Tulane on Aug. 25.
- Baylor, who likes to spread the ball around, has five players who average at least 2.1 k/s and two of the top three (Laura Jones - 2.61, Thea Munch-Soegaard - 2.37) are freshmen.
- The Bears height this season has been evident, averaging 2.60 blocks/set after averaging 2.0 in 2011. BU has four players averaging over 1.0 b/s.
- Baylor's sweep over No. 25 Cal on Aug. 31 was the first over a ranked opponent since a 3-0 win over No. 11 Iowa State on Sept. 23, 2009 in Waco.
- Head coach Jim Barnes picked up the 300th win of his career with a 3-1 win over Nevada on Aug. 25.
- The Bears tied a program best by being picked fifth in the 2012 Big 12 Preseason Poll, their highest since a fifth-place nod in the 2009 poll.
- Senior MH Torri Campbell was named to the Preseason All-Big 12 team.
- Despite losing six letterwinners to graduation, Baylor reloaded with seven incoming freshman, ranking No. 16 in the country according to PrepVolleyball.com.
- The 2011 squad earned BU its fourth-ever bid to the NCAA Championship and second in the last three years.