Sept. 28, 2012
|Baylor (13-4, 0-2) vs. No. 15 Kansas State (14-1, 1-1)
Sept. 29, 2012 | 7 p.m. CT
Waco, Texas | Ferrell Center (6,000)
Watch | Listen | Gametracker
SERIES VS. K-STATE
All-Time Series: KSU leads 22-11 (H: 7-9, A: 4-13, N: 0-0)
Last meeting: Baylor won 3-2, Oct. 29, 2011
SCOUTING THE WILDCATS
The Wildcats are off to one of the best starts in program history at 14-1. Even more impressive, 12 of those victories have come via 3-0 sweeps.
Kaitlynn Pelger leads KSU with 3.61 k/s, while Caitlyn Donahue’s 11.73 a/s are second in the Big 12.
- Baylor has won three-straight over Kansas State at home in the Ferrell Center.
- Baylor is 4-1 at home this season.
- Baylor is 1-3 against ranked teams this season.
- Senior Alyssa Dibbern leads the squad and ranks ninth with 3.0 kills/set, ranking ninth in the Big 12. She has 11 double-digit kill matches this season after totaling seven all of 2011.
- Senior setter Kate Harris leads the squad with eight double-doubles.
- Baylor, who likes to spread the ball around, has five players who average at least 2.0 k/s and two of them (Laura Jones - 2.52, Thea Munch-Soegaard - 2.36) are freshmen.
- The Bears height this season has been evident, averaging 2.43 blocks/set after averaging 2.0 in 2011. BU has four players averaging over 1.0 b/s.
- Adri Nora was named tournament MVP in back-to-back tournaments (Big Daddy’s Invitational and Kathy Trosclair Memorial).
- Baylor's sweep over No. 25 Cal on Aug. 31 was the first over a ranked opponent since a 3-0 home win over No. 11 Iowa State on Sept. 23, 2009.
- Head coach Jim Barnes picked up the 300th win of his career with a 3-1 win over Nevada on Aug. 25.
- The Bears tied a program best by being picked fifth in the 2012 Big 12 Preseason Poll, their highest since a fifth-place nod in the 2009 poll.
- Senior MH Torri Campbell was named to the Preseason All-Big 12 team.
- Despite losing six letterwinners to graduation, Baylor reloaded with seven incoming freshman, ranking No. 16 in the country according to PrepVolleyball.com.
- The 2011 squad earned BU its fourth-ever bid to the NCAA Championship and second in the last three years.