Oct. 4, 2011
|Baylor [12-6, 1-3] vs. Texas Tech [14-3, 0-2]
Oct. 5 | 7 p.m. | Waco, Texas | Ferrell Center (6,000)
|Watch | Listen | Gametracker | Game Notes|
GAME CENTER: Match 19
Date: Oct. 5, 2011
Time: 7 p.m. CT
Location: Waco, Texas
Arena: Ferrell Center (Capacity: 6,000)
Internet Audio: Listen
Internet Video: Watch (subscription required)
Talent: Larry Little (play-by-play)
Live Stats: Gametracker
Texas Tech Red Raiders
All-Time Series: BU is 21-45 (H: 12-17, A: 8-24, N: 1-4)
Last meeting:BU won 3-1, Nov. 27, 2010
Texas Tech got off to one of its best starts in school history, going 14-1 before back-to-back conference losses. The Red Raiders pushed No. 25 Oklahoma to five sets, before dropping the fifth 17-15.
Texas Tech has built its success on slowing down the opposition, allowing a league-leading .096 hitting percentage, while averaging a league-high 3.01 blocks/set. Tech has three of the top 10 blockers in the Big 12 ranks. TTU is led by one of the top attackers in the league in OH Amandy Dowdy, who averages 4.07 kills/set.
- Baylor came from behind late in Set 1 and Set 4 to defeat Kansas 3-1 and earn its first Big 12 win of the season. BU is now 12-6 on the year, and 3-1 in league play.
- Baylor has won the last 12 meetings with Texas Tech, including the last six at home. Baylor has swept three of the last four meetings, won 17 of last 24 overall.
- With a win over KU on Wednesday, Jim Barnes tied former head coach Brian Hosfeld's school record of 129 wins. Barnes holds BU mark for overall and conference win percentage.
- In the last two matches, JR S Kate Harris has responded to her first two starts with career-highs of 48 assists againt KU and 22 digs against Texas A&M. She had double-doubles in both.
- Sophomore Zoe Adom has been in-and-out of the starting lineup this season, but got the start against Kansas and turned in a 17-kill performance to lead three BU players in double figures.
- Baylor entered the week ranked 22nd in the NCAA and first in the league in digs/set with at 17.28. SR L Allison King leads the Bears with 5.05/set and is ranked second in Big 12.
- Earlier this season, SR L Allison King broke the BU career digs record of 1,575 set by Cory Sivertson (1991-94). King's total currently sits at 1,785, ranking her sixth all-time in the Big 12.
- In its four tournaments before Big 12 play, Baylor earned titles at the Baylor Classic and UNLV Classic, while finishing second at Purdue and Lamar. BU has an 11-3 non-conference mark.