Oct. 5, 2012
|Baylor (13-5, 0-3) at No. 24 Kansas (15-2, 3-0)
Oct. 6, 2012 | 6:30 p.m. CT
Lawrence, Kan. | Horejsi Center (1,300)
Watch | Listen | Gametracker
SERIES VS. KANSAS
All-Time Series: BU leads 21-14 (H: 12-4, A: 7-10, N: 1-1)
Last meeting: Kansas won 3-1, Nov. 26, 2011
SCOUTING THE JAYHAWKS
The Jayhawks, winners of four-straight, are 9-0 at home this season and will look for a program-record 10-match home winning streak on Saturday.
Junior Erin McNorton leads the Big 12 and ranks No.5 in the country at 12.06 a/set, while Caroline Jarmoc leads the conference in hitting percentage (.403) and is third in k/s (3.77).
- For the first time in program history, Baylor will face its fourth-straight nationally ranked opponent to open Big 12 play.
- OH Zoe Adom has come on strong in Big 12 play. With a season average of 1.83 k/s, the junior is averaging 2.9 k/s in conference games.
- Baylor is 1-4 against ranked teams this season.
- Senior Alyssa Dibbern leads the squad and ranks ninth with 2.9 kills/set, ranking ninth in the Big 12. She has 11 double-digit kill matches this season after totaling seven all of 2011.
- Senior setter Kate Harris leads the squad with nine double-doubles.
- Baylor, who likes to spread the ball around, has three players who average at least 2.0 k/s and two of them (Laura Jones - 2.52, Thea Munch-Soegaard - 2.36) are freshmen.
- Adri Nora was named tournament MVP in back-to-back tournaments (Big Daddy’s Invitational and Kathy Trosclair Memorial).
- Baylor's sweep over No. 25 Cal on Aug. 31 was the first over a ranked opponent since a 3-0 home win over No. 11 Iowa State on Sept. 23, 2009.
- Head coach Jim Barnes picked up the 300th win of his career with a 3-1 win over Nevada on Aug. 25.
- The Bears tied a program best by being picked fifth in the 2012 Big 12 Preseason Poll, their highest since a fifth-place nod in the 2009 poll.
- Senior MH Torri Campbell was named to the Preseason All-Big 12 team.
- Despite losing six letterwinners to graduation, Baylor reloaded with seven incoming freshman, ranking No. 16 in the country according to PrepVolleyball.com.
- The 2011 squad earned BU its fourth-ever bid to the NCAA Championship and second in the last three years.