Oct. 10, 2011
GAME CENTER: Match 21
Date: Oct. 11, 2011
Time: 6:30 p.m. CT
Location: Waco, Texas
Arena: Ferrell Center (Capacity: 6,000)
Internet Audio: Listen
Internet Video: Watch (subscription required)
Talent: Larry Little (play-by-play)
Live Stats: Gametracker
North Texas Mean Green
All-Time Series: BU leads 15-7 (H: 7-2, A: 7-2, N: 1-3)
Last meeting:Baylor won 3-0, Sept. 3, 2005
North Texas started the season 9-5, but have loss six of the last seven, including the last four matches.UNT is 0-2 against Big 12 teams this season with a 3-0 loss to Oklahoma and a 3-1 loss to Texas Tech, both at home.
The Mean Green attack is led by OH Eboni Godfrey, who is averaging 3.08 kill/set and former Baylor player MB Courtney Windham, who is averaging 2.49 kills/set. S Kayla Saey sets the offense with 9.51 assists/set and L Sarah Willey leads the defense with 4.16 digs/set. UNT has held opponents to just a .192 hitting percentage.
- Baylor improved its record to 14-6 overall, 3-3 in the Big 12, with a comeback win from two sets down to defeat Missouri. The win was Baylor's third in a row.
- Baylor's comeback win from a 2-0 deficit against Missouri at home marked just the third time in the rally-scoring era (since 2001) to accomplish the feat.
- In Baylor's five-set win over Missouri on Saturday, the Bears hit .289 in the match. That is the highest five-set hitting pct.for BU since a .331 mark against Texas Tech on Nov. 19, 2008.
- SR MB Briana Tolbert has been nearly unstoppable in Baylor's last three wins. She has 44 kills and just four errors in 85 total attempts for a .471 hitting percentage, along with 16 blocks.
- In four starts at setter this season, JR Kate Harris is averaging 10.76 assists per set, which would rank her third in the Big 12, but her season average is lower due to sets played at DS.
- Earlier this season, SR L Allison King broke the BU career digs record of 1,575 set by Cory Sivertson (1991-94). King's total currently sits at 1,823, ranking her sixth all-time in the Big 12.
- With the win over Texas Tech last Wednesday, head coach Jim Barnes earned his 130th victory at Baylor, surpassing the school record set by Brian Hosfeld from 1996-03.
- In its four tournaments before Big 12 play, Baylor earned titles at the Baylor Classic and UNLV Classic, while finishing second at Purdue and Lamar. BU has an 11-3 non-conference mark.