SERIES VS. OKLAHOMA
|Baylor (14-6, 1-4) at Oklahoma (14-6, 3-2)
Oct. 12, 2012 | 7 p.m. CT
Norman, Okla. | McCasland Fieldhouse (2,000)
Listen | Gametracker
OU leads 31-15 (H: 9-12, A: 4-18, N: 2-1)
Last meeting: Baylor won 3-1, Nov. 12, 2011
SCOUTING THE SOONERS
The Sooners are coming off a 3-2 home defeat to No. 21 Kansas Wednesday night. OU is ranked second in the Big 12 in blocks/set (2.86) and digs (15.93).
Junior MB Sallie McLaurin leads the conference with 1.62 b/s and is second in hitting percentage (.383).
-In just her fourth start at libero, sophomore Hope Ogden recorded a career high 26 digs in a 3-1 win over Texas Tech on Oct. 10, helping guide the Bears to their highest dig totoal of the year (78).
- OH Zoe Adom has come on strong in Big 12 play. With a season average of 2.11 k/s, the junior is sixth in conference games with 3.05 k/s. Adom set a new career high with 20 kills at No. 24 Kansas on Oct. 6.
- For the first time in program history, Baylor began Big 12 play with four-straight matches against ranked opponents.
- Baylor is 1-5 against ranked teams this season.
- Senior Alyssa Dibbern leads the squad with 2.90 kills/set, ranking ninth in the Big 12. She has 13 double-digit kill matches this season after totaling seven all of 2011.
- Senior setter Kate Harris leads the squad with 10 double-doubles.
- Baylor, who likes to spread the ball around, has five players who average at least 2.0 k/s.
- Adri Nora was named tournament MVP in back-to-back tournaments (Big Daddy's Invitational and Kathy Trosclair Memorial).
- Baylor's sweep over No. 25 Cal on Aug. 31 was the first over a ranked opponent since a 3-0 home win over No. 11 Iowa State on Sept. 23, 2009.
- Head coach Jim Barnes picked up the 300th win of his career with a 3-1 win over Nevada on Aug. 25.
- The Bears tied a program best by being picked fifth in the 2012 Big 12 Preseason Poll, their highest since a fifth-place nod in the 2009 poll.
- Senior MH Torri Campbell was named to the Preseason All-Big 12 team.
- Despite losing six letterwinners to graduation, Baylor reloaded with seven incoming freshman, ranking No. 16 in the country according to PrepVolleyball.com.
- The 2011 squad earned BU its fourth-ever bid to the NCAA Championship and second in the last three years.