SERIES VS. TCU
|Baylor (14-7, 1-5) vs. TCU (13-6, 2-4)
Oct. 17, 2012 | 7 p.m. CT
Waco, Texas | Ferrell Center (6,000)
Watch | Listen | Gametracker
All-Time Series: BU leads 7-1 (H: 3-0, A: 3-1, N: 1-0)
Last meeting: Baylor lost 3-0, Sept. 13, 2011
SCOUTING THE HORNED FROGS
The Horned Frogs have dropped four-straight Big 12 matches entering Wednesday's showdown. Junior Yvonne Igodan leads the Frogs at 3.48 kills per set and with an attack percentage of .328, while sophomore Mattie Burleson is TCU's block leader at 1.24 per set.
- OH Zoe Adom has come on strong in Big 12 play. With a season average of 2.21 k/s, the junior is sixth in conference games with 3.14 k/s. Adom set a new career high with 20 kills at No. 24 Kansas on Oct. 6.
-In just her fourth start at libero, sophomore Hope Ogden recorded a career high 26 digs in a 3-1 win over Texas Tech on Oct. 10, helping guide the Bears to their highest dig totoal of the year (78).
- For the first time in program history, Baylor began Big 12 play with four-straight matches against ranked opponents.
- Baylor is 1-5 against ranked teams this season.
- Senior Alyssa Dibbern leads the squad with 2.95 kills/set, ranking ninth in the Big 12. She has 14 double-digit kill matches this season after totaling seven all of 2011.
- Senior setter Kate Harris leads the squad with 10 double-doubles.
- Baylor, who likes to spread the ball around, has five players who average at least 2.0 k/s.
- Adri Nora was named tournament MVP in back-to-back tournaments (Big Daddy's Invitational and Kathy Trosclair Memorial).
- Baylor's sweep over No. 25 Cal on Aug. 31 was the first over a ranked opponent since a 3-0 home win over No. 11 Iowa State on Sept. 23, 2009.
- Head coach Jim Barnes picked up the 300th win of his career with a 3-1 win over Nevada on Aug. 25.
- The Bears tied a program best by being picked fifth in the 2012 Big 12 Preseason Poll, their highest since a fifth-place nod in the 2009 poll.
- Senior MH Torri Campbell was named to the Preseason All-Big 12 team.
- Despite losing six letterwinners to graduation, Baylor reloaded with seven incoming freshman, ranking No. 16 in the country according to PrepVolleyball.com.
- The 2011 squad earned BU its fourth-ever bid to the NCAA Championship and second in the last three years.