Oct. 18, 2011
|Baylor [15-7, 3-4] vs. No. 10 Texas [12-4, 5-1]
Oct. 19 | 7 p.m. | Waco, Texas | Ferrell Center (6,000)
TV: Longhorn Network (Mark Followill, Chris McGee)
| Watch | Listen | Gametracker | Game Notes
GAME CENTER: Match 23
Date: Oct. 19, 2011
Time: 7 p.m. CT
Location: Waco, Texas
Arena: Ferrell Center (Capacity: 6,000)
TV: Longhorn Network (Mark Followill - pxp, Chris McGee - color)
Internet Audio: Listen
Talent: Larry Little (pxp)
Internet Video: Watch (subscription required)
Live Stats: Gametracker
All-Time Series: BU is 2-67 (H: 2-28, A: 0-34, N: 0-5)
Last meeting: Texas won 3-1, Nov. 10, 2010
The 10th-ranked Longhorns have won four matches in a row and 10 of the last 11 since starting the season 2-3. Texas leads the Big 12 with a .253 hitting percentage and is tied for the league lead with just one Big 12 loss.
Offensively, MB Rachael Adams leads the Big 12 with a .379 hitting percentage and OH Haley Eckerman leads the team with 3.31 kills/set. Defensively, Adams is third in the Big 12 at 1.31 blocks/set, and L Sydney Yogi leads the Longhorns with 3.41 digs/set.
- After evening its Big 12 record at 3-3 with three straight league wins, Baylor took a step back in a three-set loss at No. 15 Iowa State to drop its record to 15-7, 3-4.
- Baylor hasn’t beaten Texas since a five-set win in Waco in 2001, but the Bears took a set from the Longhorns last season for the first time since 2006.
- In league play, Baylor has compiled a .248 hitting percentage in its three wins, but has hit just .114 in its four losses, including a season-low .023 mark at Iowa State.
- Baylor has compiled an 8-1 record in the Ferrell Center this season with only a loss to then-No. 22 Oklahoma in four sets. Baylor has out-hit opponents .249 to .140 at home.
- SR MB Briana Tolbert notched 51 kills and just six errors in 100 total attempts for a .450 hitting percentage during Baylor’s four-match win streak that ended at Iowa State Saturday.
- Head coach Jim Barnes earned his BU-record 130th win on Oct. 5 in a sweep over Texas Tech. Barnes sits just five wins away from 300 for his career.
- Earlier this season, SR L Allison King broke the BU career digs record of 1,575 set by Cory Sivertson (1991-94). King’s total currently sits at 1,860, ranking her fourth all-time in the Big 12.
- In its four tournaments before Big 12 play, Baylor earned titles at the Baylor Classic and UNLV Classic, while finishing second at Purdue and Lamar. BU has an 12-3 non-conference mark.