Oct. 19, 2012
|Baylor (15-7, 2-5) vs. West Virginia (8-13, 0-7)
Oct. 20, 2012 | 2 p.m. CT
Waco, Texas | Ferrell Center (6,000)
Watch | Listen | Gametracker
The Last Meeting
September 6, 2011
VB Sweeps WVU, Wins Sixth Straight
Senior Allison King racked up 24 digs to lead a Baylor team that racked up 74 total in a three-set sweep of West Virginia on Tuesday at the Ferrell Center in Waco, Texas. The match marked Baylor's (6-1) sixth straight win on the season.
SERIES VS. TCU
All-Time Series: Baylor leads 3-0 (H: 1-0, A: 0-0, N: 2-0)
Last meeting: Baylor won 3-0, Sept. 6, 2011
SCOUTING THE MOUNTAINEERS
The Mountaineers enter the match having lost seven-straight matches. WVU ranks second in the Big 12 with 1.45 aces/set, as three players (Hannah Sackett, Evyn McCoy and Karly Rasmussen) rank in the conference’s top 10
- Baylor’s 105 digs against TCU on Oct. 17 is the most by any Big 12 team this season. The mark tied for the third-highest in BU history (since rally scoring’s inception 2001) with a Sept. 7, 2010 match with TCU.
- Senior Alyssa Dibbern leads the squad with 3.03 kills/set, ranking eighth in the Big 12. Dibbern set a career high with 21 kills in a 3-2 win over TCU on Oct. 17. She has 15 double-digit kill matches this season after totaling seven all of 2011.
- OH Zoe Adom has come on strong in Big 12 play. With a season average of 2.19 k/s, the junior is ninth in conference games with 2.93 k/s. Adom set a new career high with 20 kills at No. 24 Kansas on Oct. 6.
-In just her fourth start at libero, sophomore Hope Ogden recorded a career high 26 digs in a 3-1 win over Texas Tech on Oct. 10.
- For the first time in program history, Baylor began Big 12 play with four-straight matches against ranked opponents.
- Baylor is 1-5 against ranked teams this season.
- Senior setter Kate Harris leads the squad with 11 double-doubles.
- Baylor, who likes to spread the ball around, has five players who average at least 2.0 k/s.
- Baylor's sweep over No. 25 Cal on Aug. 31 was the first over a ranked opponent since a 3-0 home win over No. 11 Iowa State on Sept. 23, 2009.
- Head coach Jim Barnes picked up the 300th win of his career with a 3-1 win over Nevada on Aug. 25.
- The Bears tied a program best by being picked fifth in the 2012 Big 12 Preseason Poll, their highest since a fifth-place nod in the 2009 poll.
- Senior MH Torri Campbell was named to the Preseason All-Big 12 team.
- Despite losing six letterwinners to graduation, Baylor reloaded with seven incoming freshman, ranking No. 16 in the country according to PrepVolleyball.com.