Oct. 23, 2012
|Baylor (16-7, 3-5) at No. 8 Texas (16-3, 8-0)
Oct. 24 25, 2012 | 7 p.m. CT
Austin, Texas | Gregory Gym (4,000)
TV: Longhorn Network
Listen | Gametracker
SERIES VS. TEXAS
UT leads the all-time series 70-2 (H: 2-30, A: 0-35, N: 0-5).
The last meeting was a 3-0 Texas win over Baylor, Sept. 25, 2012.
SCOUTING THE LONGHORNS
The Longhorns enter the match having won 10-straight matches, six in a row at Gregory Gym and have lost just two sets in Big 12 play. Texas leads the Big 12 in both hitting percentage (.285) and blocks/set (3.17), ranking second in the country in stuffs.
Individually, Haley Eckerman leads the Big 12 and is second in the country with 4.65 k/s.
- Senior Alyssa Dibbern leads the squad with 3.06 kills/set, ranking seventh in the Big 12. Dibbern set a career high with 21 kills in a 3-2 win over TCU on Oct. 17. She has 16 double-digit kill matches this season after totaling seven all of 2011.
- OH Zoe Adom has come on strong in Big 12 play. With a season average of 2.32 k/s, the junior is eighth in conference games with 3.10 k/s. Adom set a new career high with 20 kills at No. 24 Kansas on Oct. 6.
- Since Hope Ogden became the starting libero seven matches ago, BU is averaging 17.26 digs/set after totaling 13.53 in its previous 16 matches. In just her fourth start at libero, Ogden recorded a career high 26 digs in a 3-1 win over Texas Tech on Oct. 10.
- Baylor’s 105 digs against TCU on Oct. 17 is the most by any Big 12 team this season. The mark tied for the third-highest in BU history (since rally scoring’s inception 2001) with a Sept. 7, 2010 match with TCU.
-Sophomore Tori Cox has started the last two matches after seeing the redshirt be pulled prior to the TCU match on Oct. 17.
- For the first time in program history, Baylor began Big 12 play with four-straight matches against ranked opponents.
- Baylor is 1-5 against ranked teams this season.
- Senior setter Kate Harris leads the squad with 11 double-doubles.
- Baylor, who likes to spread the ball around, has five players who average at least 2.0 k/s.
- Baylor's sweep over No. 25 Cal on Aug. 31 was the first over a ranked opponent since a 3-0 home win over No. 11 Iowa State on Sept. 23, 2009.
- Head coach Jim Barnes picked up the 300th win of his career with a 3-1 win over Nevada on Aug. 25.
- The Bears tied a program best by being picked fifth in the 2012 Big 12 Preseason Poll, their highest since a fifth-place nod in the 2009 poll.
- Senior MH Torri Campbell was named to the Preseason All-Big 12 team.
- Despite losing six letterwinners to graduation, Baylor reloaded with seven incoming freshman, ranking No. 16 in the country according to PrepVolleyball.com.