Oct. 26, 2012
|Baylor (16-8, 3-6) at No. 16 Kansas State (19-3, 6-3)
Oct. 27, 2012 | 7 p.m. CT
Manhattan, Kan. | Ahearn Fieldhouse (5,000)
Watch | Listen | Gametracker
SERIES VS. K-STATE
All-Time Series: KSU leads 23-11 (H: 7-10, A: 4-13, N: 0-0)
Last meeting: KSU won 3-1, Sept. 29, 2012
SCOUTING THE WILDCATS
The Wildcats enter having won three of their last four matches. KSU ranks second in the conference in hitting percentage (.268), assists/set (13.32) and kills/set (14.08).
Kaitlynn Pelger leads KSU and is second in the Big 12 with 3.8 k/s, while Caitlyn Donahue’s 11.78 a/s are second in the Big 12.
- Despite losing 3-1 at No. 8 Texas on Oct. 24, BU was able to do something it hadn’t since 2006, and that is take a set from UT in Austin.
- Senior Alyssa Dibbern leads the squad with 3.01 kills/set, ranking eighth in the Big 12. Dibbern set a career high with 21 kills in a 3-2 win over TCU on Oct. 17. She has 16 double-digit kill matches this season after totaling seven all of 2011.
- OH Zoe Adom has come on strong in Big 12 play. With a non-conference average of 1.42 k/s, the junior is seventh in conference games with 3.12 k/s. Adom set a new career high with 20 kills at No. 24 Kansas on Oct. 6.
- Since Hope Ogden became the starting libero eight matches ago, BU is averaging 16.65 digs/set after totaling 13.53 in its previous 16 matches. In just her fourth start at libero, Ogden recorded a career high 26 digs in a 3-1 win over Texas Tech on Oct. 10.
- Baylor’s 105 digs against TCU on Oct. 17 is the most by any Big 12 team this season. The mark tied for the third-highest in BU history (since rally scoring’s inception 2001) with a Sept. 7, 2010 match with TCU.
-Sophomore Tori Cox has started the last three matches after seeing the redshirt be pulled prior to the TCU match on Oct. 17.
- For the first time in program history, Baylor began Big 12 play with four-straight matches against ranked opponents.
- Baylor is 1-6 against ranked teams this season.
- Senior setter Kate Harris leads the squad with 12 double-doubles.
- Baylor, who likes to spread the ball around, has five players who average at least 2.0 k/s.
- Baylor's sweep over No. 25 Cal on Aug. 31 was the first over a ranked opponent since a 3-0 home win over No. 11 Iowa State on Sept. 23, 2009.
- Head coach Jim Barnes picked up the 300th win of his career with a 3-1 win over Nevada on Aug. 25.
- The Bears tied a program best by being picked fifth in the 2012 Big 12 Preseason Poll, their highest since a fifth-place nod in the 2009 poll.